Emergency call system

All Ford Puma related discussions
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Rizmo wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:07 pm It doesn't glow bright red on start up. But the reason the dealer got involved was the onscreen malfunction warning advising me to seek dealer advice. The warning light was still showing bright then dim red before the TCU software update. Also the Ford Pass app no longer connects to the car since the update.
Ok... I see what you mean now. As I mentioned before, my service manager admitted that all the TCUs would need to be returned to factory for programming. Cars being built now will be fine but anything older than mid 2022 will need doing.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

It seems the Puma isn’t the only car with this problem. The “ultra reliable” CHR has too it seems:

“FFS 5th time, back to Toyota later to be scanned...tried everything now they keep asking me to come back when it happens, never any faults stored on ECU! Anyone had this. And before anyone suggests cleaning all sensors and radar etc done this, seems to be monthly now 🫣
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Rizmo wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:33 am Had this message 3 times this morning. EMERGENCY CALL SYSTEM MALFUNCTION. Service required. Has anyone come across this before. The system triggers after an accident so is relatively important. Maybe a software update corrects it. Can somebody check forscan for me.
After the TCU was replaced in March of this year the EMERGENCY CALL SYSTEM MALFUNCTION warning is back. Just one time though as it now seems to work as it should. Dealer checked and there is a malfunction so it's booked in for a fault code check then depending on the result a software update or lastly replace the TCU. See my previous posts as the previous dealer visit which led to other issues regarding the traffic and Ford Pass app. Can anybody verify via Forscan if there is a software update for the TCU.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Rizmo, I had the exact same thing, the warning popped up just once on Thursday morning and nothing since, so I’m assuming it was an update but keep us posted
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

If you guys had the error message at the same time on the same day, perhaps it was a network problem? I think Ford UK use Vodaphone.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

My dash warning was around 8.30am Thursday and as said the dealer confirmed there is a malfunction. The ecall system has worked as it should since. The Vignale is booked in for its first service at the end of November so they sort it then hopefully.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

AMS1969, in your case it looks like the module needs replacing if not not done previously. It's worth checking with your dealer. Also I'm not sure what else that module controls, if anything.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

My warning was at about 9.00 on Thursday morning and I’d only done a short trip to pick up some shopping, so it could just be a blip in the network. the module was replaced this year so should be fully upto date. I’ll keep an eye on it, Rizmo good luck with the service and let us know if it is that the module does need updating again
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

That was the shortest post ever. 4 weeks to the service so I'll post the result ot the TCU investigation then. No feed back from other members as to whether a software update for the module is available.