Emergency call system

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Stoopo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:52 pm I had it a few months back but Ford checked and it wasn’t logged.

Had it again on Friday last week. I took a photo this time and will keep an eye on things.
If your Puma is pre 2022 it probably needs the TCU module replacing.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Rizmo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:41 pm
Stoopo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:52 pm I had it a few months back but Ford checked and it wasn’t logged.

Had it again on Friday last week. I took a photo this time and will keep an eye on things.
If your Puma is pre 2022 it probably needs the TCU module replacing.
The dealership they checked it. Time will tell.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Rizmo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:08 pm Visited the dealer today and the system still shows a control module fault but doesn't say which one. That will be revealed on the diagnostic check. The e call system has worked fine since the initial warning. There are multiple messages on the Ford system regarding a fault but I have no messages on the Ford Pass app. The TCU module was replaced in March this year so it will be interesting what they find when the car goes in for it's first service next week.
My Puma's 1st service was completed this morning. No problems with the exception of the rear discs which are corroded. They are still ok but wont be in the future. Dealer blamed lack of use. it's the stock excuse. My Puma has done 12000 miles since I bought it new in December 2021. So I will approach Ford as the discs should be lasting a whole lot longer. The diagnostic check revealed there is still a problem with the ecall system Although the car itself is working perfectly. An expert will try and diagnose it next week. At first I was going to leave it as is but if any module fails after the end of the warranty it could cost a lot of money to fix. If the TCU was a reconditioned component back in March maybe a new one is the answer. The TCU module I believe costs in excess of £400.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Rizmo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:07 pm
Rizmo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:08 pm Visited the dealer today and the system still shows a control module fault but doesn't say which one. That will be revealed on the diagnostic check. The e call system has worked fine since the initial warning. There are multiple messages on the Ford system regarding a fault but I have no messages on the Ford Pass app. The TCU module was replaced in March this year so it will be interesting what they find when the car goes in for it's first service next week.
My Puma's 1st service was completed this morning. No problems with the exception of the rear discs which are corroded. They are still ok but wont be in the future. Dealer blamed lack of use. it's the stock excuse. My Puma has done 12000 miles since I bought it new in December 2021. So I will approach Ford as the discs should be lasting a whole lot longer. The diagnostic check revealed there is still a problem with the ecall system Although the car itself is working perfectly. An expert will try and diagnose it next week. At first I was going to leave it as is but if any module fails after the end of the warranty it could cost a lot of money to fix. If the TCU was a reconditioned component back in March maybe a new one is the answer. The TCU module I believe costs in excess of £400.
At last the ecall issue on my Vignale is finally resolved. Turns out it was a configuration problem. Don't know the technical details but I'm happy it has been resolved without fitting a new/reconditioned TCU and the problems that brought last time. In January I will contact Ford CRC regarding the rear disc corrosion. 12000 miles in 2 years should not be an issue for any discs. They are not part of the 3 year warranty and cost a lot of money to replace. I will relate Ford's response in due course.
Deleted User 2212

Post by Deleted User 2212 »

I just sold a CX-5 before getting my Puma.

CX-5 was bought new and was 4 years old when sold, but had done only 18k miles. I had one problem with the rear discs after 11k miles but that was the electronic handbrake release module being faulty, so was dragging the rear pads. Warranty replaced them.

At point of sale, the dealer informed me that the front pads were almost at replacement level but the front discs were in desperate need of replacement.

I was shocked at that, as historically my other cars have done way more miles. It was part of the decision to replace at that point as needed two new tyres and MOT. Financially the right time but was a shame as was great to drive.

Not as fun as the Puma but very plush inside as top of the range.

Back to the disc issue, I fear that the quality isn’t great across the board these days?