Left mirror opinion???

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 509

Post by Deleted User 509 »

How can I "pop the glass" out?
Scared to break it.

microbe

Post by microbe »

I have just collected my Puma from the dealer after taking it in this morning to have the nearside wing mirror adjusted. They told me that a retaining lug had been removed from the mirror and it should now be OK. It does indeed move further now but the proof will be when my wife uses it for work tomorrow
Puma ST-Line X 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Desert Island Blue 2021
microbe

Post by microbe »

My wife tells me the wing mirror is now perfect so if other owners still have problems with getting it in the correct position the solution is to have a retaining lug removed/altered
Puma ST-Line X 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Desert Island Blue 2021
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

microbe wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:22 am My wife tells me the wing mirror is now perfect so if other owners still have problems with getting it in the correct position the solution is to have a retaining lug removed/altered
If it’s removal of a retaining lug I hope the mirror glass doesn’t fall out going over a bump... ;)
Deleted User 509

Many thanks for the ideas. I put on my big boy pants and levered the mirror out. Dead easy to my relief. Then a quick snip of a couple of likely plastic rods with a pair of side cutters and whoo hooo - much better!! All is now as I want it.
Andi

Post by Andi »

Rog107 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:18 pm Many thanks for the ideas. I put on my big boy pants and levered the mirror out. Dead easy to my relief. Then a quick snip of a couple of likely plastic rods with a pair of side cutters and whoo hooo - much better!! All is now as I want it.
Did the glass come out very easy? I’m assuming you just pull from the sticking out edge?
Shawn

Post by Shawn »

Did the glass come out very easy? I’m assuming you just pull from the sticking out edge?
Adjust he mirror glass to fully in on the switch which gives enough room for your fingers. The glass will pull out easily.
Although they’re quite robust spread the load across the glass when putting it back in to stop any breakages.
Shawn

Post by Shawn »

If it’s removal of a retaining lug I hope the mirror glass doesn’t fall out going over a bump... ;)
Don’t worry, they’re not retaining lugs.
Ironically they are stops to limit the mirror glass movement 🙄
Deleted User 509

Shawn wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:25 pm
Don’t worry, they’re not retaining lugs.
Ironically they are stops to limit the mirror glass movement 🙄
Perfectly correct. It just seems weird that Ford didn't realise it themselves. Such a simple fix, but shouldn't be needed.
Andi

Post by Andi »

Shawn wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:22 pm
Adjust he mirror glass to fully in on the switch which gives enough room for your fingers. The glass will pull out easily.
Although they’re quite robust spread the load across the glass when putting it back in to stop any breakages.
Thank you 👍