Left mirror opinion???

All Ford Puma related discussions
Munkey1979

Post by Munkey1979 »

sinlessUK wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:51 am Seems to be the Official Ford Fix
Great . Thank you. :D

I'll ask them to do it when I book in for repair, car has had an error message that on reading another thread, might be a bugger to get sorted :o

Bear

Post by Bear »

This thread is really helpful, thank you to all who replied with the solution. I set my heart on a Puma, picked it out online, then when it came to the test drive the left door mirror would not move in enough for me to be able to see any of the car in it so i had to reject the car. I'm 5'2", there's been cars where reaching the clutch was an issue but I've never ever had this mirror problem before. Annoyingly the Ford dealership never mentioned there was a fix when I told them why I could not buy it.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

NeilS wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 pm Worth keeping hold of. I’ve had no issues, but then I’m tall and the only one who has driven the car so far. The good wife has been offered the opportunity but has declined.......possibly out of fear 😆

My wife can do miles with her mirrors folded in. She’s perfected the art 😂😂
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

You don't need mirrors if you drive fast enough 😇
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

JFDIT wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:15 pm You don't need mirrors if you drive fast enough 😇
She drives a KA 😂😂
Radders

Post by Radders »

Sorry to bring this old thread back, does this fix of reducing the pins allow the mirror to adjust enough to see the alloy when parking, wides car which I used today and when parking tight to kerb the mirror adjustment was terrible, before I pull the glass off and cut the pins down would be good to know if this would give the adjustment needed to see the alloy.

72 plate if that makes a difference?
Cheers
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Radders wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:06 pm Sorry to bring this old thread back, does this fix of reducing the pins allow the mirror to adjust enough to see the alloy when parking, wides car which I used today and when parking tight to kerb the mirror adjustment was terrible, before I pull the glass off and cut the pins down would be good to know if this would give the adjustment needed to see the alloy.

72 plate if that makes a difference?
Cheers
I can't answer your actual question as I've not felt the need to adjust mine. That said I was always of the thought that I should park as close to the kerb as possible and on other cars have scuffed the wheels.
However, since getting the Puma I decided to not park as close and not worry about the 8 or so inches I've been leaving. Less stress, quicker parking....I do find the reversing camera guide lines to be very accurate though, which also helps.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Radders

Post by Radders »

Sparks wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:27 pm
I can't answer your actual question as I've not felt the need to adjust mine. That said I was always of the thought that I should park as close to the kerb as possible and on other cars have scuffed the wheels.
However, since getting the Puma I decided to not park as close and not worry about the 8 or so inches I've been leaving. Less stress, quicker parking....I do find the reversing camera guide lines to be very accurate though, which also helps.
[/quote]

Thanks for reply, on this occasion parking on an end bay, so getting close to the kerb to give as much space between cars (less chase of neighbouring car opening door into mine)
Not got reverse camera, I wanted but wife didn’t, and car is mainly for her, and the Vignale spec had the front and rear sensors so just went with those.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I must admit that I don’t think my left mirror moves as much as it could do. I’ve not really had too much need to adjust it but last week I did have cause and it seemed very limited. Maybe I need another word 😉