To keep or not..?

All Ford Puma related discussions
alanp

Post by alanp »

In January,my puma will be three years old, it has around 19,000 miles on it atm, so it will be over 20,000 by then obviously, I normally keep my cars a maximum of four years but usually it’s around three, I don’t do pcp or lease preferring to buy , I can retire now if I really wanted but my official date is still four years away, I have , in the back of my mind , troubles with the ecoboost, other forums suggest the trade are still wary of these engines, ( I know it’s probably unfounded, but still…) , I’m toying with the idea of switching to Toyota in particular the Yaris cross, ( although I haven’t driven, or even sat in one, so I may not like it), but I do love the puma, I could take advantage of Toyotas ten year warranty for peace of mind, having my cars main dealer serviced anyway, but, I think I’ve finally found a Ford dealer ( lookers ford) who seem to have a bit more care for their customers, me anyway, as I bought it from them, if Ford did the puma that is a proper hybrid, ie, can run on electric, ( as per the Yaris) then I’d seriously consider one, I know an electric version is on the way but that’s going to be megabucks, I’m just not sure what I want…any ideas..?
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Like you I have a first edition and have looked around. I've been leaning toward the Kia Sportage, but am not sure. The only reason I was looking to change was to get the electric run around.
However the price of cars now makes me wonder if it's all worth it. My Puma, like yours has everything, is extremely comfortable and only has 11,000 miles on it. I'm probably going to keep my Puma for at least another year, then see what's around. We may even go down to one car between my wife and I and that would open up a whole new discussion.... ;) :)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
alanp

Post by alanp »

I’m leaning towards the Yaris as it has everything I have now, I think for£100 you can add things like park assist and dynamic guidelines for the rear camera among others, it’s about the same price as a same spec puma..
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

I,m nowhere near the same timescale as you Alan but can see me being in a similar situation in 24 months.
Mines on lease though but have been told I may get an offer to buy when lease term ends. Not normally this happens on lease cars but my particular company said it’s quite common these days.
I suppose the positives are -
1.I know the car and how it’s been driven
2.very low miles , won’t be more than 15k after 3 years

BUT
I have to think about the following.
1.what ££ will car be offered for (bargain or not)
2.car will be out of warranty

Sure there are more questions and answers but I’ll enjoy the puma until times up.
2022 St-Line X 125 desert island blue
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

My last 125 ecoboost engine did 45k in my B Max before I traded it in for the Puma with no issues at all. I have no problem with keeping the Puma as long, or even longer.