Puma ST Coolant

All Ford Puma related discussions
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Noticed while having a look around under the bonnet, that the OAT coolant is a yellow colour

My other 18 plate fiesta mk8 has orange type

I usually keep a litre in the shed incase of any top ups, so guess I need to find a yellow one

Can find the Prestone one but not sure guess Ford put in what they have to hand I guess

Prestone LOYAF2100LGBA Coolant/Antifreeze - Ready to Use 1lt https://amzn.eu/d/04tzHFf

Guess if not a call to the parts dept see what they use

As a side note love the new oil dipstick with the little holes can clearly see the level

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

Last edited by FP2022F1T on Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)

FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

So a bit more research shows its P-OAT coolant ford moving over to possibly that is backwards compatible with the orange

Interesting video on you tube about Ford's yellow P-OAT

Though guess the Prestone would be fine for top ups to keep the colour as would the standard orange but guess would change the colour

Not that I'm expecting to as a new car
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Checked with Ford parts they say that standard orange is ok if ever a top up was required

But to get investigated why it was needed as well 👍

Ford handbook states

Ford
Capacities and Specifications -
COOLING SYSTEM CAPACITY AND SPECIFICATION - 1.5L ECOBOOST™

Capacities

Variant Quantity
All. 1.6 gal (6 L)

Materials

Name Specification
Antifreeze Super Plus Premium
FU7J-19544-xx WSS-M97B44-D

Antifreeze WSS-M97B57-A2

WSS-M97B44-D is orange coolant.
WSS-M97B57-A2 is yellow coolant.
Yellow coolant may appear fluorescent green in some cooling systems which is a normal characteristic.
Note: The WSS-M97B57-A2 yellow coolant is compatible with the WSS-M97B44-D orange coolant so all vehicles with orange or yellow coolant can be serviced with yellow coolant.

However, if the vehicle was manufactured with yellow coolant it must be serviced with yellow coolant to maintain a longer service life.
Puma Owner's Manual

Anyone else have Yellow OAT
Daz4311

Post by Daz4311 »

My st turned up last week, and has the yellow coolant,and guess what,,cant find stock of this anywere?!?and we must use wss-m97b57-a2 or wss-m97b57-a1 and not mix with the orange...help
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

That's what you're dealer is for, advice.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.