Sport Mode

All Ford Puma related discussions
DarrenA

Post by DarrenA »

Hi,

New to the forum, looking at possibly ordering a Puma shortly.

Can anyone tell me exactly what the Sport Mode does? Throttle response, steering, any power boost?

Cannot find any specific info on it online.

Thanks!

Darren

gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

On my 155 it is definitely noticeable when it's in sport mode. The engine note noticeably changes and it shifts! I believe the steering response changes and it gives the full 50 nm of torque from the battery where it doesn't in the other modes. Also auto start/stop switches off. It may do more but that's all I know. Hope this helps.
Puma ST Line X FE 155 (March 1st)
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Yep, foot on the gas, press through the modes and when you hit โ€œSportโ€ you feel a surge of power.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
DarrenA

Post by DarrenA »

Ok, thanks. I will try it out on a test drive to see.
Jase1470

Post by Jase1470 »

Sport Mode .... Naughty ๐Ÿ˜‚
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Pokey.... Yes. RS.... No. All depends on what you're coming from and what your expectations are.
Stevec

Post by Stevec »

I have a MK 2 Focus RS running 375 BHP so I`m not expecting to be to impressed with 155 BHP!

We pick ours up tomorrow and I`m sure Mrs Stevec will be shocked coming from a puny Ecosport!
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Stevec wrote: โ†‘Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:39 am We pick ours up tomorrow and I`m sure Mrs Stevec will be shocked coming from a puny Ecosport!
Sheโ€™ll notice a huge difference with the boot space!
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I've had three fist's on the bounce. First two mountuned. Mk.8 left standard.

Overall I've been quite impressed with the car in sport mode. You do feel the electric boost on full throttle so long as your battery is fully charged. So lift and coast as much as possible.

I think the car regens much harder in sport mode. It feels like the hand brake is on a couple of clicks when you come off the accelerator.

I also found this morning that you can re enable start/stop with the button next to the hand brake lever when in sport mode.

I've never understood why start/stop is disabled in sport mode.

I hope they'll be hybrid st/rs's in the future.

I'm sure your Mrs will love it after the EcoSport. You might like it too. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Stevec

Post by Stevec »

Wdf76 wrote: โ†‘Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:21 am I've had three fist's on the bounce. First two mountuned. Mk.8 left standard.

Overall I've been quite impressed with the car in sport mode. You do feel the electric boost on full throttle so long as your battery is fully charged. So lift and coast as much as possible.

I think the car regens much harder in sport mode. It feels like the hand brake is on a couple of clicks when you come off the accelerator.

I also found this morning that you can re enable start/stop with the button next to the hand brake lever when in sport mode.

I've never understood why start/stop is disabled in sport mode.

I hope they'll be hybrid st/rs's in the future.

I'm sure your Mrs will love it after the EcoSport. You might like it too. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
The Ecosport is an auto and have to say it`s terrible, couldn`t pull the skin off a rice pudding, glad to see the back of it :lol: