Part Exchange

All Ford Puma related discussions
Tbach

Post by Tbach »

Afternoon,

I ordered a Puma in mid-January, and after a few delays I have been informed to expect delivery to the dealer late-August.
Good news, but given the experience of others on this forum with onward progress from Dagenham, I'm not particularly optimistic that will be achieved.

Anyhow, I was seeking some opinion on a dilemma - coincidentally (or not, depending on how cynical you are), my MOT on my PX is up on the same day as the expected delivery.
Now, I'm not expecting this to throw up anything major, low mileage, 15 plate Fiesta, but you never quite know do you?
The one thing I do know is that it'll probably need a couple of new tyres on the front at least. I'll probably have to take a decision to have these fitted prior to the MOT.

All of this is pretty damn annoying, if they'd delivered in May as expected when I placed the order I clearly wouldn't be in this position. It's incredibly frustrating to have to splash out on a set of new tyres to only have use of them for 6 weeks.

What would you do?
Thoughts and views welcome! :)

Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Probably balance that against the many 1000s of pounds your new car hasn’t deprecated in the few months waiting. 🚙
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

lightfoot wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:34 pm Probably balance that against the many 1000s of pounds your new car hasn’t deprecated in the few months waiting. 🚙
Although, as new Pumas are selling for virtually the same price as brand new ones.
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stick a pair of budget tyres on it, you may have it longer than you think in the present set up.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
FluffySheep

Post by FluffySheep »

I've never bought a new car, so I may be way off, but if you put new tyres on it and MOT it, can you ask for more for it when you come to do the swap? Or is it set in stone now?
2020 Puma 125 ST Line-X with Winter Pack in Desert Island Blue
Tbach

Post by Tbach »

FluffySheep wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:06 pm I've never bought a new car, so I may be way off, but if you put new tyres on it and MOT it, can you ask for more for it when you come to do the swap? Or is it set in stone now?
Good question. I asked about the PX quote a couple of months ago when additional delays seemed likely.
The reply was that it would depreciate by the 'book price', which is not exactly as transparent as I'd like.
Of course in this climate, the value could quite easily go up in 8-9 months and not down, even before a couple of new tyres and a shiny new MOT - I wonder if they'd increase the PX value :lol:

Again, maybe I'm being overly cynical :roll:
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The dealers always have a bit of room for compromise on px but I'd be surprised if tyres would come into it. As long as they're legal the dealer won't care. As Sparks says, budget tyres are the way to go if necessary.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Hillian

Post by Hillian »

If the fronts are legal at the moment and rears have more tread, swap front to rear now and may last longer. Just a thought.
ford puma 125 st line x, desert island blue, winter pack, dap and power tailgate
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

I’m probably going down we buy any car as they’re offering double than ford PX
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

FP2022F1T wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:52 pm I’m probably going down we buy any car as they’re offering double than ford PX
They'll probably be nearer the Ford offer by the time they finish inspecting it? If they do drop the offer try Motorway to see if their offer is better.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.