Sat Nav issue

All Ford Puma related discussions
Mattcrx

Post by Mattcrx »

Hey all!

Having a small issue with my Sat nav. When I arrive at my destination and leave my car for several hours once I get back into the car it calculates the route for the same location…. With my fiesta sync 3 it wouldn’t do that… it’s rather annoying…. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Mattcrx wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:11 am Hey all!

Having a small issue with my Sat nav. When I arrive at my destination and leave my car for several hours once I get back into the car it calculates the route for the same location…. With my fiesta sync 3 it wouldn’t do that… it’s rather annoying…. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks
Do you actually get a message initially saying that you have arrived at your destination?
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

If it doesn't indicate destination reached, simply hit the voice button and say cancel route.
D6VEB.

Post by D6VEB. »

Hi Lightfoot:
You do have to physically cancel the route, either by pressing the red X button, arrived at destination, or cancel route button in the set up.
If not the sat nav thinks you have not arrived and will continue to calculate it.
Don't like the standard colours on the sat nav, wish I could change it permanently like the TomTom colours.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

D6VEB. wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:53 am Hi Lightfoot:
You do have to physically cancel the route, either by pressing the red X button, arrived at destination, or cancel route button in the set up.
If not the sat nav thinks you have not arrived and will continue to calculate it.
Don't like the standard colours on the sat nav, wish I could change it permanently like the TomTom colours.

Hi D6VEB, I think have mistaken me for the OP. I don't have any problems with the built in Sat Nav. In general mine automatically cancels because I have reached the destination :D
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

My default is now android auto, always had problems inputting with the inbuilt sat nav 👍
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

BjNtheBear wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:52 am My default is now android auto, always had problems inputting with the inbuilt sat nav 👍
Seconded....The voice recognition on Sync 3 is awful....I was offered some really weird places when asking it to navigate.....Never had a misdirect from Android Auto though.... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

Sparks wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:35 am
BjNtheBear wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:52 am My default is now android auto, always had problems inputting with the inbuilt sat nav 👍
Seconded....The voice recognition on Sync 3 is awful....I was offered some really weird places when asking it to navigate.....Never had a misdirect from Android Auto though.... :D
I got offered a list of Greek address when trying to navigate around Croydon :D

I've pretty much given up on the voice control, it's so frustrating arguing with somebody who won't listen :)
ST Line X 155, Desert Island Blue. Ordered 31/12/21, delivered 23/05/22
FluffySheep

Post by FluffySheep »

DickDastardly wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:08 pm

I've pretty much given up on the voice control, it's so frustrating arguing with somebody who won't listen :)
Sounds like your Puma wants a road trip to Greece!
2020 Puma 125 ST Line-X with Winter Pack in Desert Island Blue
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

FluffySheep wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:41 pm
DickDastardly wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:08 pm

Sounds like your Puma wants a road trip to Greece!
Funnily enough I was in parts of Greece the other week, Corfu, Piraeus, Crete, etc and I didn't see one single puma, strange but they seem to love their Smart cars!
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.