July 6th (Intelligent Speed Assist) speed Limiter on new cars

All Ford Puma related discussions
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Another interesting read and more depth

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/car ... -suit.html
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)

French Kermit

Post by French Kermit »

DickDastardly wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:14 am I hope that it uses GPS, as well as, or instead of, the current traffic sign recognition system

Anyone that has tried the intelligent speed limiter on current Fords will have experienced the constant annoyance of your speed being reduced as you pass speed limit signs relating to side roads
I've found it's even worse than that, while motorway driving it will sometimes read the speed limit sticker off the back of lorries and immediately back off the speed while you are in the fast lane, not good at all.
2021 FORD PUMA ST MEAN GREEN
2023 FORD TRANSIT CONNECT SPORT RED
2010 NISSAN 370Z BLACK
2023 TOYOTA SUPRA 3.0 GR YELLOW
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Not something I use, I've not seen the point of it and as others have said, not that reliable.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
alanp

Post by alanp »

I tend not to use it much at all now as my next car,s sign recognition won’t work the same way, mines hit and miss anyway, I pass exactly the same signs on my way to work everyday, more often than not, it only picks up a couple of signs and then sits flashing 30 mph missing the rest until it gets to the next 30 sign, then picks up the next two signs I pass, sometimes though, it will see a 20 limit in a side road at the start of my journey and then work perfectly, it works as it should when I leave work , it’s really strange…
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

When my camera wasn't picking up the speed signs correctly I asked the dealer to sort it. As it's a safety issue they did whatever was needed, now it's accurate about 98% of the time.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
matthen

Post by matthen »

French Kermit wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:43 pm
DickDastardly wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:14 am I hope that it uses GPS, as well as, or instead of, the current traffic sign recognition system

Anyone that has tried the intelligent speed limiter on current Fords will have experienced the constant annoyance of your speed being reduced as you pass speed limit signs relating to side roads
I've found it's even worse than that, while motorway driving it will sometimes read the speed limit sticker off the back of lorries and immediately back off the speed while you are in the fast lane, not good at all.
That cuts both ways... I've seen 100 as the posted limit on the dash after overtaking a foreign lorry...
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green