Ford Pass App

All Ford Puma related discussions
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

New Puma delivered yesterday, so am trying to sort out the Ford Pass app.
Is it just me, or is it useless ? Managed to enter the VIN number, and the car has been recognisec.
But now, when I try and ooen the app again, I constantly have to re-enter my marketing profiles, and after that, nothing, just a constant "waiting to connect " circle.
Any advice out there?
Titanium 125, Solar Silver

Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Ford have big IT issues affecting Puma, Focus, Kuga & vans, modems not connecting and hence Ford Pass issues. It's Ford so don't expect speedy resolution !! !
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Thanks - glad to know it's not me.
jimmy999

Post by jimmy999 »

Yes I agree with above. I put on a post under 'emergency call system malfunction'. My info came from my dealer.
(Formerly) Puma ST Line X Vignale 155 ps Agate Black. (Now) 23.75 Kuga 2.5 ltr FHEV. Vignale. Lucid Red. Driver's Assistance & Technology packs. Spare Wheel and Dash Cam.
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

As another question, does it really matter if I cannot connect my car to the app ?
I keep being told to try later, but why bother ?
alanp

Post by alanp »

I rang the dealer about six weeks ago regarding the app and showing services done, mine only showed the pre delivery inspection, and not the service I had done in January, they assured me it would be done within a couple of days, I checked it yesterday and it’s finally gone on .
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Wowzz wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:53 pm As another question, does it really matter if I cannot connect my car to the app ?
I keep being told to try later, but why bother ?
Not really, unless you want to know it’s location, be able to lock and unlock it from anywhere, know the tyre pressures, lock status and monthly MPG.

I tend to visit it most days as I like technology but it’s not needed to use the car.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I only ever look at the app when someone asks a question on here about it.
There must be many Puma, Fiesta, Focus etc drivers that don't use or haven't even set it up.
Certainly not needed as an essential for using the car.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Aye, me too here! - picked mine upon Friday last week and straight away same issue, warning saying emergency call system inactive and fordpass can't find my car and vice versa on the car sync!!.....
ST line X - Desert Island Blue
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Wowww - old thread resurrection time 🤣. Finally found an use for the app 😁

I have only used a main dealer to buy a car - never for servicing. I use the local garage for that. Puma is due it's first service soon. Local independent garage quoted "around £250" and that they would use genuine Ford parts - fair enough.

I have the Ford app set to a well known dealer in Cambridge (people living around here will know who I mean). App quoted £270 BUT a courtesy car would be an extra £37.00. Its a long walk from the garage to town so that option was out.

For giggles and fun I changed the dealer to the one in Huntingdon and its come up with £240 for the service AND a free courtesy car. Plus it means it will be recorded onto the Ford system and any necessary software updates. Received 2 emails and one text confirming everything, including the price - so they can't back out of that.

So, if you have more than 1 dealer nearby then it's worth playing around with the app.