Anyone else facing massive delays on getting their car delivered to the dealership?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden »

Hi all,

Anyone having the same issues I’m having with the delivery of my Puma? My car has now been sat down in Dagenham for almost 6 weeks. Can’t get any info form anywhere including Ford head office who can’t help at all. All my dealership keeps telling me is the car is down for delivery “this week”. Then that week goes by and it moves to next week. Been doing this for almost 6 weeks now.

Just wanting to know if anyone else has had this issue. And what’s the longest anyone has had to wait from the car arriving in the U.K. to it actually getting delivered to the dealership?

Thanks.

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

It's hard to understand why so few Pumas are arriving at dealers when 2 roro's a day turn up at Dagenham docks with hundreds of cars. They must be running out of parking space. There is a member of this forum who lives in the area and regularly sees trains and transporters leaving Dagenham so he may be able to help. Try social media to see if anybody lives near Ford, Dagenham who can go and take a look and maybe enquire direct. Anything is worth a try to relieve the frustration.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Jordyrobs93

Post by Jordyrobs93 »

Hey Tyler,

Hope you are well buddy, not as long as you but my Puma ST has been sat at dagtops since 20th May.

I’ve got an eta of end of July from dealer.
Focus RS MK3 owner. Puma ST on the way 🎉
Steve1960

Post by Steve1960 »

…..so its not just a problem getting the Puma built,once here it sits on the docks in the salt air for weeks,not got a build date foe mine yet,ordered the Vignale in Blue with auto box,ordered beginning of May,I can’t understand why they leave them on the docks for so long,i drive a truck for a living and there certainly aint a shortage of car transporters…..

Steve
Steve… Puma st-line vignale Auto 155,Desert Island Blue,Power Tailgate,Driver Assist Pack,
Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:06 pm It's hard to understand why so few Pumas are arriving at dealers when 2 roro's a day turn up at Dagenham docks with hundreds of cars. They must be running out of parking space. There is a member of this forum who lives in the area and regularly sees trains and transporters leaving Dagenham so he may be able to help. Try social media to see if anybody lives near Ford, Dagenham who can go and take a look and maybe enquire direct. Anything is worth a try to relieve the frustration.
Hi.
Spoke to guy who works there and he says some cars have been sat there for 6 months. Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden »

Jordyrobs93 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:08 pm Hey Tyler,

Hope you are well buddy, not as long as you but my Puma ST has been sat at dagtops since 20th May.

I’ve got an eta of end of July from dealer.
Based on that then your car will be sat in Dagenham for 10 weeks. Mine has been down there for 7 weeks now. It’s just absolutely insane.
Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden »

Steve1960 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:03 am …..so its not just a problem getting the Puma built,once here it sits on the docks in the salt air for weeks,not got a build date foe mine yet,ordered the Vignale in Blue with auto box,ordered beginning of May,I can’t understand why they leave them on the docks for so long,i drive a truck for a living and there certainly aint a shortage of car transporters…..

Steve
Been told some cars have been sat down there for 6 months. Some are turning up to the docks not totally finished and they sit around waiting for components to be fitted. Nobody knows anything. Nobody can give a straight answer. Complete madness.
Mike

Post by Mike »

As i posted on a different thread chances are they are missing some parts, a local factory has 5000 cars sitting minus radios, parking semsors etc, same with merc and probably most manufacturers.

Dealer probably as clueless as you unfortunately .
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Steve1960

Post by Steve1960 »

Steve1960 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:03 am …..so its not just a problem getting the Puma built,once here it sits on the docks in the salt air for weeks,not got a build date foe mine yet,ordered the Vignale in Blue with auto box,ordered beginning of May,I can’t understand why they leave them on the docks for so long,i drive a truck for a living and there certainly aint a shortage of car transporters…..

Steve
Just had an email from my dealer,estimated build date 30th September with an eta at the dealership 12th November,its a Vignale,so is pretty well all singing all dancing,so can not really think of any more extras i might want….

Steve
Steve… Puma st-line vignale Auto 155,Desert Island Blue,Power Tailgate,Driver Assist Pack,
Whiston240

Post by Whiston240 »

Bought my Puma ST in April , still waiting delivery Jan 23 l have been told it’s in Romania, then Amsterdam, then Dagenham, now l am told it’s on a ship toLiverpool . What a mess .