Puma lease prices

All Ford Puma related discussions
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

A few spare minutes tonight so checked on current puma lease prices and wasn’t surprised to see that they have risen quite considerably from when I got mine in Jan this year.
Currently paying £240 for a 2022 st-line x 125 3 yr deal , can’t get anywhere near that now even with same lease company .Pushing £300 / month now.Still got 2 1/2years to run so will enjoy the car for that period but it’s anyones guess towards the end what a similar one will be to run. Hopefully the car world will get back to some normality by then.

Anyone coming up for renewal and has noticed the astronomical jump ?
2022 St-Line X 125 desert island blue

TammyPuma

Post by TammyPuma »

We’re paying the same as you (think we put £2k down upfront too) for a 2020 ST line X First Edition 155PS and now 2 years into a 3 year lease. We’ve been looking at Puma lease deals this last week and surprised by the significantly higher prices. The wife loves the Puma and wants to replace it with an auto version next year but I’ll be happy to consider switching brands for the right deal.
Deleted User 1393

Post by Deleted User 1393 »

All cars are insanely priced at the moment. I just gave back my leased Leon Cupra, it was £240 a month over 3 years, for a £30k 300bhp hyper hatch. These days you cant get anything even close to that for even £100 a month more. Its so bad a lot of city cars are that much.

Im paying £300 for the Puma, which is pretty much standard for anything decent now. For reference on the same terms a new Cupra is £400 a month, crazy. 10 months ago I could get a Golf R for the same Im paying for the Puma.
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

Agree even the ever popular in stock vauxhall corsa has shot up , in Jan this year I could get a decent spec for £140 / month now pushing £200 , same car and in stock as well ?..I’ll have to think carefully in 2 1/2 years time if still high , might be worth buying 2nd hand outright.
Deleted User 1393

Second-hand prices are nut as well.

After the Cupra i was looking at second hand because Ford let me down on my original Fiesta order (the lead time is now indefinite for Fiestas). Prices are just nuts, so much for so little. My best mate bought a pre-reg Toyota Aygo in September, its now worth more than when be bought it, and pretty much the same as a new one.
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

Exactly what I did last year , bought a seat Ibiza 1.0fr 71 plate in sept last year and sold it this Jan for same money…crazy.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

chrism75 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:32 am Second-hand prices are nut as well.

After the Cupra i was looking at second hand because Ford let me down on my original Fiesta order (the lead time is now indefinite for Fiestas). Prices are just nuts, so much for so little. My best mate bought a pre-reg Toyota Aygo in September, its now worth more than when be bought it, and pretty much the same as a new one.
I'm being offered a little more than I paid for my Puma 2 years ago....At this rate I'll be paying off the balloon and keeping it for a couple more years at least.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

Sparks wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:13 pm
chrism75 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:32 am Second-hand prices are nut as well.

I'm being offered a little more than I paid for my Puma 2 years ago....At this rate I'll be paying off the balloon and keeping it for a couple more years at least.
That certainly makes financial sense Sparks. Pumas still maintaining top prices on the 2nd hand market.
Deleted User 1393

I used to have a 2004 MG ZT diesel, back in 2010 I paid £2750 for it. It as really nice and and I kept it for 6 years. They are now fetching more than that, up to £4k, for an 18 year old car whos manufacturer no longer exists. A ZT 260 V8 I can understand because of rarity, but a Diesel?
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

I personally think a PCP deal is so much better than the lease option. You tend to pay less for the PCP and at the end, the value is more than the final payment. This gives you your deposit for the next.