Wifi Android auto

All Ford Puma related discussions
Mikibg

Post by Mikibg »

I just received Carsifi Android auto adapter, and works perfectly just connect by BT, so if anyone wanted to buy, just do it....I've been waiting for one month only ( only, cause somebody wauted for 6 months due to chip lack)

IMG_20220530_173937315.jpg

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ah, that's the other one on the market, I have the AAWireless dongle....Let us know how you get on with that one. I wouldn't be without wireless AA now, it really shows why Ford are ditching Sync for Android Automotive....
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Looks quite good but I think I prefer the aawireless unit that Sparks (our beta testerπŸ˜‰) has, it's a bit tidier/neater in size although price appears to be comparable, don't know what customs+shipping will be on top, a bit of competition can only be a good thing in the long run I suppose πŸ‘πŸ™‚
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

There was no customs payment called for on mine and shipping was a Tenner if I remember correctly.
As a matter of interest, AAWireless will soon be moving from the Indiegogo start up platform to their own store. Deliveries should be much quicker then as the chips they need are flowing better now. I'll post a link as soon as they go live.
Last edited by Sparks on Mon May 30, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Just going to go and bite the wife's ear nowπŸ˜‰πŸ˜
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Mon May 30, 2022 9:14 pm Just going to go and bite the wife's ear nowπŸ˜‰πŸ˜
Show her this, it'll work like a charm.... https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/
Mikibg

Post by Mikibg »

Yes I considered aawireless too...but choose carsifi, I dont know on some forums I heard that is less buging😁 it works perfect so far...when I start engine, only 20s need to connect and start with navigation on screen...soon will be available new android auto with split screen...
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

No bugs so far in AAWireless for me, I think most problems people had were in the early days with certain cars. I chose AAWireless because they seem to be on top of updates.
Yes quick connection 10-15 secs don't even notice it connecting anymore. I'm not sure about the split screen, I'm reserving judgement until we get it. :D
I guess you put yours in the centre consul? The AAWireless just fits nicely into the gap between the USB and the edge of the box. I used a Command strip to make sure it stays in place and can still be removed easily.
Both systems are a bonus whichever anyone chooses. The Motorola system is a bit of a failure apparently.
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Sparks wrote: ↑Tue May 31, 2022 8:42 am No bugs so far in AAWireless for me, I think most problems people had were in the early days with certain cars. I chose AAWireless because they seem to be on top of updates.
Yes quick connection 10-15 secs don't even notice it connecting anymore. I'm not sure about the split screen, I'm reserving judgement until we get it. :D
I guess you put yours in the centre consul? The AAWireless just fits nicely into the gap between the USB and the edge of the box. I used a Command strip to make sure it stays in place and can still be removed easily.
Both systems are a bonus whichever anyone chooses. The Motorola system is a bit of a failure apparently.
Well under your recommendation, I ordered one back in April and it was despatched at the weekend, so looking forward to that arriving. Hate having a wireless charging pad that I basically can't use
Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 | Magnetic | DAP
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Jaybee wrote: ↑Tue May 31, 2022 9:29 am
Sparks wrote: ↑Tue May 31, 2022 8:42 am No bugs so far in AAWireless for me, I think most problems people had were in the early days with certain cars. I chose AAWireless because they seem to be on top of updates.
Well under your recommendation, I ordered one back in April and it was despatched at the weekend, so looking forward to that arriving. Hate having a wireless charging pad that I basically can't use
Word of warning, if going on a long trip don't rely on the wireless charger keeping your phone charged if using AAWireless for your navigation. The charging is only low power and the phone still loses more than it gains.
That said, I did a 6 hour trip to Brighton last week (3 hours stuck on M25 :x ) and my phone just about lasted the trip. That said my phone is the Galaxy S21 5G, so not great in the battery department at the best of times.
I've never been stuck without a phone though and for the vast majority of use it's fine, just thought you should be aware so you can keep an eye on your own usage. :)