Wifi Android auto

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 762

Post by Deleted User 762 »

I had an S21 previously and used that with my Puma ST-Line X previously and plugged in, it shutdown as it overheated on a journey so know what you mean there. The S22 manages its heat marginally better,well hasn't shutdown yet lol.
I do like Google maps and like you use Spotify and messaging. The AAWireless is a great device though.
Hopefully when they bring out the Puma BEV they will have Android Auto/Google built in 🙂

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I use Waze more than Google maps, just a bit more info on there while travelling for me.
Ford are ditching Sync in the near future and are going to equip all cars with Android Automotive, which is a dedicated stand alone version of Android Auto (confusing, I know!!). It's the way the majority of manufacturers are heading, saves them all having to do any maintenance or development, it'll all be down to google...
Until then we have AAWireless which, as you say, is a great device.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Jaybee wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:01 am Well under your recommendation, I ordered one back in April and it was despatched at the weekend, so looking forward to that arriving. Hate having a wireless charging pad that I basically can't use
Word of warning, if going on a long trip don't rely on the wireless charger keeping your phone charged if using AAWireless for your navigation. The charging is only low power and the phone still loses more than it gains.
That said, I did a 6 hour trip to Brighton last week (3 hours stuck on M25 :x ) and my phone just about lasted the trip. That said my phone is the Galaxy S21 5G, so not great in the battery department at the best of times.
I've never been stuck without a phone though and for the vast majority of use it's fine, just thought you should be aware so you can keep an eye on your own usage. :)
[/quote]

Strange you mention that, as I've noticed that the wired ports don't seem to be very high power either and my phone runs pretty stable on them. I drove 5 hours to Liverpool last week - phone started on 85% and was at 89% when I got there
[/quote]

Noticed this myself on my wife's focus, the USB-A ports are so slow in charge power!.... my pumas got, same as yours l presume, 1x USB - C which are supposed to have high power charge rate? - haven't tried it yet though as l'm waiting for an adapter to arrive!...
ST line X - Desert Island Blue
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Helmet wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:39 am Noticed this myself on my wife's focus, the USB-A ports are so slow in charge power!.... my pumas got, same as yours l presume, 1x USB - C which are supposed to have high power charge rate? - haven't tried it yet though as l'm waiting for an adapter to arrive!...
I don't have a USB C in mine, both A. They seem to charge better than the wireless pad, but that would make the AAWireless pointless... :D However, not enough to make a huge difference.
My phone has never run out of juice while I'm in the car and it could always be plugged in if an emergency arose and it had.
I think I read somewhere that an adapter in the 12v socket would charge faster than the USB's...Not tried it though.
I think constantly putting your phone on the wireless charger is bad for it, the heat produced is significant.
Anyway, the glory of AAWireless is that my phone doesn't need to leave my pocket and having to run back to the car because I forgot it is a thing of the past... ;) :lol:
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Sparks wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:00 am
Helmet wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:39 am Noticed this myself on my wife's focus, the USB-A ports are so slow in charge power!.... my pumas got, same as yours l presume, 1x USB - C which are supposed to have high power charge rate? - haven't tried it yet though as l'm waiting for an adapter to arrive!...
I don't have a USB C in mine, both A. They seem to charge better than the wireless pad, but that would make the AAWireless pointless... :D However, not enough to make a huge difference.
My phone has never run out of juice while I'm in the car and it could always be plugged in if an emergency arose and it had.
I think I read somewhere that an adapter in the 12v socket would charge faster than the USB's...Not tried it though.
I think constantly putting your phone on the wireless charger is bad for it, the heat produced is significant.
Anyway, the glory of AAWireless is that my phone doesn't need to leave my pocket and having to run back to the car because I forgot it is a thing of the past... ;) :lol:
:lol: :lol: - aye, always leaving mine behind still! - hadn't heard of standalone AA wireless on cars until l joined here!..

The power you'd get from an adapter plugged directly into your 12v socket is far greater then a USB - most socket adapters output at 2.1 amps min these days, good ones are over 3! - we are probably lucky to 500ma from a USB in charge power!...

l've now got my adapter so l'm looking forward to see if there is any difference in power output between the two different types of USB?
ST line X - Desert Island Blue
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Sparks

Mines sitting at Heathrow facility according to the tracking app. Can you remember who the final courier was who delivered yours ?
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stevep999 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:23 am Sparks

Mines sitting at Heathrow facility according to the tracking app. Can you remember who the final courier was who delivered yours ?
I think it was either Hermes or DPD. It showed it sitting at Heathrow for a 4 days before it was picked up by the couriers.
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

Anybody else get the issue of Android Auto disconnecting after about 10 minutes?

I've had to stop using it as the constant plugging and unplugging, and setting up Waze again, was getting to be a real pain
ST Line X 155, Desert Island Blue. Ordered 31/12/21, delivered 23/05/22
ErikThBee

Post by ErikThBee »

Yes. I've also stopped using it for the same reason. At first I thought it was the cable, but whichever cable I use, the same thing happens.
ScoobyD00

Post by ScoobyD00 »

DickDastardly wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:50 pm Anybody else get the issue of Android Auto disconnecting after about 10 minutes?

I've had to stop using it as the constant plugging and unplugging, and setting up Waze again, was getting to be a real pain
Is that the wireless dongle or just plugging your phone into the USB?
ST-Line X 155 cancelled SEP 22