Wifi Android auto

All Ford Puma related discussions
ScoobyD00

Post by ScoobyD00 »

Just a heads up for anyone with a miui phone.
Android auto has issues with this OS at the moment. When you loose mobile data signal the aawireless resets itself and drops out.
This happens with any android auto wireless and not just aawireless.
Miui have been made aware of the issue for months but haven't fixed it yet!
I haven't got an aawireless as I've only just recently ordered my puma but this is what I've read on numerous forums.
ST-Line X 155 cancelled SEP 22

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

ScoobyD00 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:15 pm Just a heads up for anyone with a miui phone.
Android auto has issues with this OS at the moment. When you loose mobile data signal the aawireless resets itself and drops out.
This happens with any android auto wireless and not just aawireless.
Miui have been made aware of the issue for months but haven't fixed it yet!
I haven't got an aawireless as I've only just recently ordered my puma but this is what I've read on numerous forums.
So is that basically any Xiaomi phone? Everyone I know with one of them has had some trouble or another. As you say, it's a phone specific problem not AAWireless. I'm not sure why Xiaomi are ignoring the situation.
I note that there are various fixes out there.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
ScoobyD00

Post by ScoobyD00 »

Yes it's any Xiaomi phone that causes the issue.
I couldn't find any fixes online but haven't got a aawireless to test, I'm reluctant to purchase one then it not work.
It's something to do with dropping Bluetooth connection when the phone drops mobile data or switches from 4g to 3g.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

There are some claiming fixes out there....https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=xiomi ... nt=gws-wiz Some say it's just with certain cars....
Personally I'd rather change the phone....
ScoobyD00

Post by ScoobyD00 »

Luckily I've tried my phone in a focus with sync 3 and it works fine when plugged in via USB. No issues at all.
It's just the wireless side that's buggy with miui.
Hopefully by the time my puma gets delivered, been told 4 to 6 months, then there might be a miui update πŸ™‚ and I'll be able to get an aawireless
Mikibg

Post by Mikibg »

I have Carsifi, works excellent and quick from engine startπŸ˜€πŸ˜‰ about one month from order to delivered...I mentioned this because somebody have been waited for 6 months due to lack of parts...
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

ScoobyD00 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:18 pm Luckily I've tried my phone in a focus with sync 3 and it works fine when plugged in via USB. No issues at all.
It's just the wireless side that's buggy with miui.
Hopefully by the time my puma gets delivered, been told 4 to 6 months, then there might be a miui update πŸ™‚ and I'll be able to get an aawireless
Yes, something wrong with the Bluetooth connection dropping....I did read that Xiomi had developed their own version of Android Wireless, I know nothing more than that, but, might be worth you giving it a google...
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Mikibg wrote: ↑Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:52 am I have Carsifi, works excellent and quick from engine startπŸ˜€πŸ˜‰ about one month from order to delivered...I mentioned this because somebody have been waited for 6 months due to lack of parts...
I'm guessing that they have the same problem with Carsifi as it's about the phone dropping the Bluetooth connection.
Deleted User 762

Post by Deleted User 762 »

Sparks wrote: ↑Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:00 pm
lafforcry wrote: ↑Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:48 pm Mine has just turned up. Be putting it in after work :)
Hopefully the experience will leave you wondering how you manged without it.... :D
It is good, no faffing around with wires anymore.
Only thing i notice is the phone os having difficulty on the wireless charger. Samsung Galaxy S22 in a Samsung official case.

Keeps saying Wireless charging active, then cutting out, then message again

Upon checking it after a long drive, battery down to 55% and the phone was red hot.

Ordered from Indiegogo site
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I find the wireless charger less than useless to be honest and the phones do get hot. I have an S21 and things are about the same as you are experiencing. For most trips I don't use the charger and the phone stays in my pocket (no messing around when getting in and out the car :D )
I'm waiting for another long trip to test the phone battery with no charging, though the S21 hasn't the biggest one out there I'm sure it'll be fine.
I use Android Auto more for Spotify, Deezer, calling and messaging than navigation. I tend to only use Sat Nav for the last bits of journeys. I don't usually have problems finding my way between cities... :lol:
My phone has a case and stays connected to the charging pad when I do use it, although if you have a thicker case, or, one of those wallet cases they can cause a problem.