Wifi Android auto

All Ford Puma related discussions
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

ScoobyD00 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:29 pm
DickDastardly wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:50 pm Anybody else get the issue of Android Auto disconnecting after about 10 minutes?

I've had to stop using it as the constant plugging and unplugging, and setting up Waze again, was getting to be a real pain
Is that the wireless dongle or just plugging your phone into the USB?
Straight into the USB
ST Line X 155, Desert Island Blue. Ordered 31/12/21, delivered 23/05/22

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I've never had it disconnect either wired or wireless.
What phones are you using? Personally I'd be chasing the dealer to solve it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

DickDastardly wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:50 pm Anybody else get the issue of Android Auto disconnecting after about 10 minutes?

I've had to stop using it as the constant plugging and unplugging, and setting up Waze again, was getting to be a real pain
If anybody is vaguely interested (unlikely :) ) I managed to solve this issue and it was a problem with the app on my phone.

On your phone go into Settings then find the menu option to view the apps and select Android Auto.

Click on Force Stop then Delete Cache.

Subsequently went on a 150 mile journey and it never disconnected once
Last edited by DickDastardly on Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ST Line X 155, Desert Island Blue. Ordered 31/12/21, delivered 23/05/22
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

DickDastardly wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:09 pm

If anybody is vaguely interested (unlikely :) ) I managed to solve this issue and it was a problem with the app on my phone.

On your phone go into Settings then find the menu option to view the apps and select Android Auto.

Click on Force Stop then Delete Cache.

Subsequently went on a 150 mile journey and it n ver disconnect once
Good advice....It seems that most of the problems encountered are to do with the phone rather than the device itself.
ScoobyD00

Post by ScoobyD00 »

Miui phones have issues, when the 3g/4g network losses connection it disconnects from the aawireless.
Im currently designing a 3d printed phone dock to fit in the cup holder so I can use the usb cable untll miui come up with a fix.
Ive got the basic design sorted, phone and usb cable are mounted securely in the dock.
I just need to wait for about another 5 months until my puma is hopefully delivered so I can get the right dimensions for the cup holder!.
ST-Line X 155 cancelled SEP 22
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

I purchased an AAWireless in June. Tracking shows it's sitting in a hub in Rugby sine July 12th. Seller really disappointing, I've sent multiple messages with very little response other than we'll look into it.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I've always had a good response to queries from the team. Where did you send the message? support@aawireless.io
Have you tried contacting the delivery firm? whoever they are using now.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

There's just a link to a tracking page but no details of who the delivery firm is. They've just accepted its lost so sending another. Hopefully it wont take too long
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Deleted User 762

Post by Deleted User 762 »

Feel your pain there Sparks. I have an S22 5G and have the same problem. I thought the case might be interfering with the charging pad but nope, not that.
Have been playing around with the phone settings and it just doesn't charge at all well.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

lafforcry wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:42 pm Feel your pain there Sparks. I have an S22 5G and have the same problem. I thought the case might be interfering with the charging pad but nope, not that.
Have been playing around with the phone settings and it just doesn't charge at all well.
The wireless pad is useless as a charger really. As constant wireless charging is bad for your phone (heat), I've got a some black foam (from case package) in there so that I can put my phone in the front without it charging wirelessly....I'd appreciate an on off of the charging plate... ;)