Wifi Android auto

All Ford Puma related discussions
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Well under your recommendation, I ordered one back in April and it was despatched at the weekend, so looking forward to that arriving. Hate having a wireless charging pad that I basically can't use
[/quote]
Word of warning, if going on a long trip don't rely on the wireless charger keeping your phone charged if using AAWireless for your navigation. The charging is only low power and the phone still loses more than it gains.
That said, I did a 6 hour trip to Brighton last week (3 hours stuck on M25 :x ) and my phone just about lasted the trip. That said my phone is the Galaxy S21 5G, so not great in the battery department at the best of times.
I've never been stuck without a phone though and for the vast majority of use it's fine, just thought you should be aware so you can keep an eye on your own usage. :)
[/quote]

Strange you mention that, as I've noticed that the wired ports don't seem to be very high power either and my phone runs pretty stable on them. I drove 5 hours to Liverpool last week - phone started on 85% and was at 89% when I got there
Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 | Magnetic | DAP

Mikibg

Post by Mikibg »

Yes I put in armrest box, it fits excellent by 3M...I only put some candy and chewing gum in that box, and empty plastic bag for shops πŸ˜€πŸ˜ do not pay everytime hehe, protect enviromentπŸ˜‰ so is almost empty box...however carsifi works quite good so far...maybe if I choosed aawireless, not would be received after one month 😁😁
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

They are up to date with deliveries now in Europe. I don't think there are any long waits now...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Well under your recommendation, I ordered one back in April and it was despatched at the weekend, so looking forward to that arriving. Hate having a wireless charging pad that I basically can't use
[/quote]
Word of warning, if going on a long trip don't rely on the wireless charger keeping your phone charged if using AAWireless for your navigation. The charging is only low power and the phone still loses more than it gains.
That said, I did a 6 hour trip to Brighton last week (3 hours stuck on M25 :x ) and my phone just about lasted the trip. That said my phone is the Galaxy S21 5G, so not great in the battery department at the best of times.
I've never been stuck without a phone though and for the vast majority of use it's fine, just thought you should be aware so you can keep an eye on your own usage. :)
[/quote]

Hey Sparks - I received my dongle today and it works a treat! Noticed some saying they updated the firmware on the device - any idea how you do that or if it's required?

Many thanks for your recommendation though - hopefully, it'll be a revelation!
Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 | Magnetic | DAP
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hey Sparks - I received my dongle today and it works a treat! Noticed some saying they updated the firmware on the device - any idea how you do that or if it's required?

Many thanks for your recommendation though - hopefully, it'll be a revelation!
Glad you like it....Open the AAWireless App on your phone and you will see system update or OTA update. Tap and get it there, it's downloaded to your phone, the instructions and graphics are fairly good. If you are on the latest version it will tell you no updates available. Best do it while on WiFi and not using your phone. Download time is dependent on your BB speed, but, isn't a long process.
It's Version 2.0.1 at the moment...I would recommend keeping the App up to date.
Deleted User 762

Post by Deleted User 762 »

Mine has just turned up. Be putting it in after work :)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

lafforcry wrote: ↑Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:48 pm Mine has just turned up. Be putting it in after work :)
Hopefully the experience will leave you wondering how you manged without it.... :D
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Sparks wrote: ↑Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:00 pm
lafforcry wrote: ↑Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:48 pm Mine has just turned up. Be putting it in after work :)

sparks, is this the correct website to order from https://carsifi.com/

Does it come from the states ? ?
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stevep999 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:09 pm

That is a different one to mine I haven't used it so can't comment.
Mine was from AAWireless here:- https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/
It's still on the start-up page, but, is preparing to move to it's own site soon. I notice though that they are up to date with deliveries, which is good.
Mine was shipped direct from the manufacturers in China, It's European developed though, with some good developers behind it. I would imagine Carsifi are the same as they are on the same start-up platform.
There was no customs charges on it when I received it.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Sparks wrote: ↑Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:33 pm
Stevep999 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:09 pm

That is a different one to mine I haven't used it so can't comment.
Mine was from AAWireless here:- https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/
It's still on the start-up page, but, is preparing to move to it's own site soon. I notice though that they are up to date with deliveries, which is good.
Mine was shipped direct from the manufacturers in China, It's European developed though, with some good developers behind it. I would imagine Carsifi are the same as they are on the same start-up platform.
There was no customs charges on it when I received it.

Just ordered an AA one
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022