Sat Nav waypoints

All Ford Puma related discussions
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

How do I go about adding waypoints to my route? I've read the relevant bit in the manual but I don't think its at all clear. I'm going on a 400 mile trip to Scotland next month. I know my route but I want to insert 3 specific "coffee break" stops. I know where these stops will be. Exactly how do I go about doing this? Can I do this in advance and just call up the saved details on the day? Thanks.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic

cianpars

Post by cianpars »

I've not figured that out yet either so I use Android Auto which seems to handle the whole navigation and infotainment a lot better anyway and for those with money to burn, I'm sure Apple Carplay is just as good.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Vendee wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:00 pm How do I go about adding waypoints to my route? I've read the relevant bit in the manual but I don't think its at all clear. I'm going on a 400 mile trip to Scotland next month. I know my route but I want to insert 3 specific "coffee break" stops. I know where these stops will be. Exactly how do I go about doing this? Can I do this in advance and just call up the saved details on the day? Thanks.
I couldn’t do this either but found it better just to add the next stop into the Sat nav in the stages we were doing. Started off with a planned journey and found we actually made it up as we went along anyway. Where are you heading to in Scotland? I’ve done a fair amount of driving holidays around Scotland in the past two years and loved it!
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

AMS1969 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:38 am
Vendee wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:00 pm How do I go about adding waypoints to my route? I've read the relevant bit in the manual but I don't think its at all clear. I'm going on a 400 mile trip to Scotland next month. I know my route but I want to insert 3 specific "coffee break" stops. I know where these stops will be. Exactly how do I go about doing this? Can I do this in advance and just call up the saved details on the day? Thanks.
I couldn’t do this either but found it better just to add the next stop into the Sat nav in the stages we were doing. Started off with a planned journey and found we actually made it up as we went along anyway. Where are you heading to in Scotland? I’ve done a fair amount of driving holidays around Scotland in the past two years and loved it!
I think I've sussed it. You select your final destination and press Start. You then zoom out the map and move it so that the target cursor is over your first waypoint. (I think) at this point the Start button has reappeared so you press it again and it gives you the option of setting this as a new location or adding it as a waypoint. After you have done this, move the map to your next waypoint and repeat the process until you have programmed them all in. I have only tried this sat on my driveway and not actually completed a route. I'll do a short dummy run locally with waypoints later.

We are off to Largs on the west coast for a couple of weeks. We were up that way last year but used the train. I'm from Glasgow originally and last year was my first trip back in 40 years. We made several day trips out to the west coast and the lochs. We enjoyed it so much we are going back and this time with the Puma so we can explore a bit further north. The funny thing is that when you are growing up somewhere, you don't always appreciate the beauty of the place. Even Glasgow was 10 times better than it was when I grew up there :lol:
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Yes correct way to add a waypoint but sadly there is no way to save these complete with the route.

The only way I could get it to work for me was to set each waypoint as a favourite and plan each portion of the route separately. Otherwise it's a case of planning on the day...
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wouldn't it be easier to just plug your phone in and use Waze or Google maps via Android Auto or Carplay?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Vendee - bit off topic but Glasgow is on the list to do, we did the Isle of Bute and isle of Aaron from that side and recommend both of them, particularly enjoyed Mount Stewart on Bute, it’s all perfect Puma country!
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Should say also really enjoyed the road from Tarbert to Inveraray and that was in a vauxhall hire car! Have a wonderful time!
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:17 am Yes correct way to add a waypoint but sadly there is no way to save these complete with the route.

The only way I could get it to work for me was to set each waypoint as a favourite and plan each portion of the route separately. Otherwise it's a case of planning on the day...
Thinking about it, that's probably the way to go. That way I can just call up those same favourites in reverse on the trip back home.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

AMS1969 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:15 pm Vendee - bit off topic but Glasgow is on the list to do, we did the Isle of Bute and isle of Aaron from that side and recommend both of them, particularly enjoyed Mount Stewart on Bute, it’s all perfect Puma country!
Yeah we are really looking forward to going back up there again. To be honest, we wouldn't have gone up there last year if it wasn't for the Covid situation. Like a lot of people, we are enjoying the stuff on our own doorstep again. As a native Glaswegian, I was genuinely surprised how much we enjoyed it. After a few days, my English wife said to me in a sort of surprised tone.... "The people seem really nice up here".... and of course she was right. The north/south divide isn't just about wealth ;)