Service history

All Ford Puma related discussions
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

My mileage is 13000 in 2 years you would expect the rear discs to last longer than that
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D

Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Ford garage quoted me £373 to make good
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Bluebrazil wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:49 am Ford garage quoted me £373 to make good
....no offence Bluebrazil, but you haven't said if that price includes VAT? - if not, that price is true daylight robbery!!... :shock: :shock:
ST line X - Desert Island Blue
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Bluebrazil wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:49 am Ford garage quoted me £373 to make good
Have you got a quote on just parts alone? I think you will be surprised at the cost of parts, assuming that is we are talking OEM Ford?
I brought a set of OEM rear pads for my ST Puma as a spare. They were more than £100 (can't remember exactly the actual price).
I would imagine if changing the discs they would also be fitting a new set of pads regardless of wear? I would never renew a disc set (are they vented?) without a new set of pads. That would be crazy, as with a damaged set of discs the pads will have also received inherent damage.
So maybe the £373 including a set of pads isn't that expensive?
Of course being that they are not covered under warranty, you could perhaps try a local non franchise garage to do the work or maybe if you're a mind renew the disc/pads yourself, using OEM parts or even after market parts.... honestly not too a difficult job.
But hey that is sure low mileage requiring a disc change! Why so I do wonder?
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Curryhouse wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:49 am
Vendee wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:14 pm
Bluebrazil wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:40 pm I have my service record now.... on my vehicle health check I have an advisory... Rear discs scoring and pitting should this be fixed under warranty or will I have to pay
No warranty on parts that wear i.e. brakes, tyres, clutch friction plate etc.
There has been much said about this. OP does not say what his mileage is. Apparently, they should last xx thousand miles but if his is low then needs to argue with the dealer/Ford Customer service.

As an aside - all manufacturers are moving away from asbestos in brake pads. I can't help feeling that this part of the issue. They won't last as long as an pad with asbestos in it.
Moving away from asbestos? It was banned on new cars back in 1999 :D
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Bluebrazil wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:48 am My mileage is 13000 in 2 years you would expect the rear discs to last longer than that
You said it was an "advisory". Some unscrupulous dealers will try and scare you into replacing parts that may last longer than they suggest. Obviously I can't see your discs but I would suggest they may last another 13,000 miles before they need replacing. Perhaps post a few pictures here? Your Puma will need an MOT in 12 months time so get this done at an independent garage and see if they think there is an issue.
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Vendee wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:38 pm
Vendee wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:14 pm

No warranty on parts that wear i.e. brakes, tyres, clutch friction plate etc.
There has been much said about this. OP does not say what his mileage is. Apparently, they should last xx thousand miles but if his is low then needs to argue with the dealer/Ford Customer service.

As an aside - all manufacturers are moving away from asbestos in brake pads. I can't help feeling that this part of the issue. They won't last as long as an pad with asbestos in it.
That's what I meant- moving away from asbestos since 1999 😁
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Curryhouse wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:03 pm
Vendee wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:38 pm

That's what I meant- moving away from asbestos since 1999 😁
:lol: