First clean

All Ford Puma related discussions
2bar

Post by 2bar »

Not just a week since picking the puma up thought I'll post a pic after its first quick wash

20200301_090114.jpg

pensta

Post by pensta »

Very nice 👍
Race Red Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition 155 MHEV
#poppythepuma
Ratedxan

Post by Ratedxan »

Very nice, I'm gonna do mine this week using the new Turtle Wax hybrid Ceramic spray and get the paint fully protected.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Make sure you use magma or clay the car before using the hybrid ceramic. Mine was covered in fall out and contaminants from the factory and storage. The ceramic spray won't bond properly unless your paint is clean.

Dealer prep seems to mean bear minimum these days......
RedPuma

Post by RedPuma »

Nice shine!
Race Red 155 ST-Line X First Edition +
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:52 pm Make sure you use magma or clay the car before using the hybrid ceramic. Mine was covered in fall out and contaminants from the factory and storage. The ceramic spray won't bond properly unless your paint is clean.

Any recommendations? Was thinking first two stages of Autoglym’s Polar range, clay, followed by the Turtlewax ceramic
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

So far from posts I’ve seen I should get something like

Polar Blast
Polar Wash
Magma Liquid Clay
Clay Detailing
Loads of brand new cloths etc

What’s the best setup for cleaning my car when I get it that won’t cost me £100+ 🤣
Ratedxan

Post by Ratedxan »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:52 pm Make sure you use magma or clay the car before using the hybrid ceramic. Mine was covered in fall out and contaminants from the factory and storage. The ceramic spray won't bond properly unless your paint is clean.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure it's done before applying the ceramic spray. 👍
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

All welcome.

No real must have suggestions all products have similar outcomes when used correctly. I don't much see the point of buying 100 quid wax for a daily driver.

For me it's more about how you prep before application that gets you the best results. There's hundred of vids on you tube. Everyone has their 3 penneth worth to add on every product out there

I used to buy Meguairs products only. 🐢 wax have had a massive product revamp. I think the finish you get from the hybrid range at that price point is outstanding. I clay and ceramic every 3 months and use the ceramic detailer after each wash in between.

For me it's little and often. Knowing it's going to take me an hour and not 3 is ideal. Coz I'm a busy bloke.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Wdf76 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:27 pm All welcome.

No real must have suggestions all products have similar outcomes when used correctly. I don't much see the point of buying 100 quid wax for a daily driver.
Pretty much that reason why I’m not opting for Gtechniq ceramic, rather contribute towards Halford’s Christmas fund (£80 today) on cleaning products that should last a year. Forgot to get magma tho. Anything else for brake dust?
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic