Android Auto

All Ford Puma related discussions
Ratedxan

Post by Ratedxan »

gsd0475 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:46 pm In the main menu on sync the should be an android auto button
How have you got settings for ambient lighting on the sync screen? It does show on mine??

gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

Ratedxan wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:40 pm
gsd0475 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:46 pm In the main menu on sync the should be an android auto button
How have you got settings for ambient lighting on the sync screen? It does show on mine??
That was just a screen grab off the internet. Only adjustment of ambient lighting is the brightness but it also changes the dash brightness aswell. It's down by the headlamp switch
Puma ST Line X FE 155 (March 1st)
Ratedxan

Post by Ratedxan »

gsd0475 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:15 pm
Ratedxan wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:40 pm
That was just a screen grab off the internet. Only adjustment of ambient lighting is the brightness but it also changes the dash brightness aswell. It's down by the headlamp switch
Cheers mate, I thought I was missing out on something, lol.
Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

I never let the sales people do my phone etc, not being snobby or arrogant about it but I always know more than most of the sales people about the tech kit because I research and play with the stuff before hand. I.e they had no idea both USB ports allow car play. They just know the colours and the engines and it’s mainly the senior managers that are aware of the drive experience because they have one as a company car etc.

I’m glad you’ve got it sorted - When I get mine I’ll be playing on my drive for ages setting everything up after reading the handbook for an hour lol
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

It looks as though there's some fairly substantial updates for Android auto in the pipeline, including third party navigation apps such as Sygic. Have you any experience of this app for navigation?

It also looks as though there is a wireless dongle in beta test which will allow Android users to finally connect wirelessly. This is confirmed as compatible with sync 3 if their website is correct.

https://9to5google.com/2020/12/14/aawir ... -hands-on/
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I've got Sygic on my phone but I've never used it and don't yet see it in AA. I'll check it out first chance.
As far as the wireless dongle is concerned, I don't think I'll bother, it takes seconds to plug the usb lead in and I'm off. I'll wait until I get the next one as Sync 4 will be wireless AA from the get go. then.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ford are finally releasing Android Automotive (different to Android Auto) into the wild, vehicles to be announced.
Don't think it will be in time for the facelift, but should be OK for the electric and future.
Must admit the cabin implementation, in the articles photo, looks really nice, IMO.
https://9to5google.com/2024/01/22/ford- ... 4-gallery/
Until then, I'm happy with Android Auto.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.