Android Auto

All Ford Puma related discussions
mart108

Post by mart108 »

Hello All

My first post as I've just picked up my new Puma this morning (ST-Line X).

The sales woman tried her hardest to set up the Ford Pass (not really sure what it does as I'm new to Ford) but I can't find any option in the settings to switch on Android Auto. My Galaxy S10 tries to connect to the car but then says to see the car screen to finish connecting but there is no option on screen...
Could it be something with the Ford Pass / Sync settings? If so can I disable them to get Android Auto to work?

I'll contine to mess around with it but though I'd ask the experts first.

Thanks!

gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

In the main menu on sync the should be an android auto button

IMG_4032.JPG

Puma ST Line X FE 155 (March 1st)
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

If it’s the same as CarPlay, you can’t use it the same time as FordPass, you need to disable Android Auto/CarPlay
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
mart108

Post by mart108 »

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I don't have the tiles on the main screen for car play or android auto.
How do I disable ford pass to use android auto?

Thanks
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Does Sync 3 show up anywhere in your Android Auto settings on your phone?

If you’ve tried to connect, Sync 3 will automatically turn on Android Auto settings to enabled. Maybe delete the Android pairing on the phone and delete the pairing on the car and start again. Before trying to connect to Android Auto, open up the FordPass app first and finish setting that up before trying Android Auto again.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Or buy an iPhone.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Ratedxan

Post by Ratedxan »

Are you connecting your S10 to the car via USB? When I connected mine the first time via USB the phone detected Android Auto and guided me through the setup process.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Worked on mine no issues.

Disables ford pass itself even if the app is running and vice versa....

Pair your Bluetooth device first.

After this connect your phone via either usb port. I use the one in the armrest as you can stow the cable when not in use.

Check the a.a app is set to discover new vehicles. Sync will ask you to verify and complete the set up on your phone.

When this is done you will see the a.a. tile on the sync screen and you're good to go.

Would appear they've sorted previous gremlins as ford pass shows up straight away on mine.

The dealer will ask you to set up ford pass on the car and your phone as they are given incentives to do so by ford.

Check data settings in sync if you want live traffic and hazard warnings.

So far I have found a.a to be more responsive and 'hey google' understands my voice requests better. They have definitely worked on the software.
mart108

Post by mart108 »

Thanks again for the help

I deleted all registered cars on the AA app and then when plugging into the USB it started the setup again and now shows the tile on the Sync screen.

Anyway probably user error but I blame the saleswoman while trying to set up the Ford Pass lol
gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

Spearmint wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:36 pm Or buy an iPhone.
God don't do something as ridiculous as that 😂😂😂
Puma ST Line X FE 155 (March 1st)