Engine cover

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

mirrormask wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:27 am What's an engine cover?
The bit that's missing from the OP's pic....Black plastic with 'ECOBOOST' ON IT.

pumengine.jpg

Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

Sparks wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:44 am
mirrormask wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:27 am What's an engine cover?
The bit that's missing from the OP's pic....Black plastic with 'ECOBOOST' ON IT.

pumengine.jpg
That's very smart. Obvs mine doesn't have one. But I only have the basic Titanium.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Used to be called a rocker box cover
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

My Vignale 155 was built November 5th and has an engine cover.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

mirrormask wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:45 am That's very smart. Obvs mine doesn't have one. But I only have the basic Titanium.

Titanium Sept'20 (very dirty!)

22032601.png

mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

Thanks Lightfoot. Yup - I misspoke (as politicians say). I've just been out to check and it does have an engine cover. Who knew? Well - apparently not me. Sorry folks.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Rizmo wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:55 pm Used to be called a rocker box cover
You know what I had almost forgotten it was called that.
Nothing do to with that. But I am judge at local village car show next month. Went round to a mates house trying to convince him to enter an old Ford that he has. But what did I spot but a white all fibre glass original Lotus 2+2 omg Wow. Ford in line Kent engine. Fantastic. Sorry completely off track..I will shut up
Last edited by Rays1 on Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

I was just wondering how the cover fits. Is it bolted on or just clipped on?

If it's not too much trouble and fairly easy, perhaps someone with a new build Puma that has a cover could take it off and see if the pipework/wiring is the same as the OP's picture and also see if the mounting points are present in the picture.
Puma ST-Line X 155 | Manual | Grey Matter | Driver Assistance Pack | Winter Pack | Power Tailgate | Spare Wheel
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Vantage wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:59 pm I was just wondering how the cover fits. Is it bolted on or just clipped on?

If it's not too much trouble and fairly easy, perhaps someone with a new build Puma that has a cover could take it off and see if the pipework/wiring is the same as the OP's picture and also see if the mounting points are present in the picture.
The cover is a push fit on simple mounting studs. A short mainly plastic post, threaded at one end with a ball end at the other. The cover snaps in place onto the ball end x3 positions.
What I don't understand is, why in the pictures posted here and those shown without an engine cover in place do I not see any such locating post's?
That said take a look at the picture provided by "Steveandkate". Just next to the oil filter cap notice the the yellow hole.. That is I believe a receiving receptacle for ball stud x1 on the engine cover.
Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

Just received my ST line X - no cover