0% finance

All Ford Puma related discussions
Leaky5

Post by Leaky5 »

Just found out we can change the finance terms of our still to be delivered Puma.
We are changing ours to 26 mth 0% APR and dropping the payment by about £45 per month

Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Yeh, I looked at that too but it has also increased the GFV by over a £1000. Didn't work out that much more to take it out over the 3 years with a good deposit.
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

I've just switched over on mine. £1200 saving over two years. Yeah the GMFV is higher so there is a bit of a risk, but interest vs price increase there is a small saving by changing still. I'm taking a bit of a risk that 2nd hand market will still be strong in 2 years and also that there will be a hybrid ST arriving at the backend of this year.

I will say that due to my employer moving goalposts, I'm also taking the opportunity to increase my annual mileage. So that was another factor in my decision.

Don't get me wrong, if it's a gem in 12-18 months then I'll start to look at how to keep it. The dragon engine reputation worries me a bit to keep it beyond the warranty period though.
saf1872

Post by saf1872 »

I also took the 26 month 0% option which will suit me to the ground. I’ve been driving for 15 years and when the Puma is delivered it will be my 16th car.

I have zero intention of keeping it for 2 years and will trade in before then for another new car.

Hopefully the puma will be holding value then too and I might even have some equity
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

I'm a bit more torn on whether to keep mine or not.. either way, the 2 year term can work for me either way.
Deleted User 878

Just been looking at prices (just looking) and over the last 6 months, the new car prices have gone up twice. With discount I paid £28300ish. Now with the same discout , it's coming in at £30300ish, and this was a like for like car. I was looking at what it might cost to trade in, in a year. By that time it's going to be £31000 with a discount!! Iv had mine 6 months now and just covered 2k. Looks like I'm going to keep it as a long termer.
Deleted User 878

Oh and iv noticed that they have dropped the 0% deals. 1.9% is the best Apr now over 24-6 months and 4.9% on the 36-8 months.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

I’ve been doing the same and although it’s a way off for my 2yr 0% to end, I came to the same conclusion that I better look after my Puma as could be my car for the next 5-6 years as not sure if I’ll be able to afford much brand new at the end of the 2 years