How's everyone liking their cars now that you have them?

All Ford Puma related discussions
robgee

Post by robgee »

Long time lurker , first time poster.

Have had mine for a week now and everything seems ok apart from the Local Hazard info which i cant seem to get to work after several attempts of removing phone etc from the fordpass app.

Also have noticed that i get a lot of movement on the gear stick as it goes in gear and then seems to adjust it self . If you keep your hand on it you can notice it and you can see it moving if you are the passenger.

I will pop to the garage at the weekend to see if they can have a look at the Local Hazard stuff (have people that have got it working used the onbard wifi ?) , and see if they have any ideas of another test car that i can drive and see if it happens in that
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

tbr27

Post by tbr27 »

Spearmint wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:24 am Puma currently in the shop to have the rattle taken out and I’m in their 125 ST Line demonstrator. Interesting to compare to a 155.

Do you mean the rattle made by the speaker?. If so, did they say what the cause is?
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

tbr27 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:10 pm
Spearmint wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:24 am Puma currently in the shop to have the rattle taken out and I’m in their 125 ST Line demonstrator. Interesting to compare to a 155.

Do you mean the rattle made by the speaker?. If so, did they say what the cause is?
They seem to think it is the speaker, so replacement on order. I’m not convinced. We shall see.

Door seal also ordered.

They couldn’t fault the traffic camera pick up issue till I pointed out that my drive back in the demonstrator also failed to pick up 8 speed boards (our Kuga doesn’t have this issue). Hopefully that’ll feed back to Ford HQ.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

robgee wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:46 pm Long time lurker , first time poster.

Have had mine for a week now and everything seems ok apart from the Local Hazard info which i cant seem to get to work after several attempts of removing phone etc from the fordpass app.
This is exactly what I did and it ended up working. Long shot, but worth a try.

Connect phone and car to home WiFi

Remove the car from the app

Go to FordPass Connect on Sync 3
Go to connectivity settings
If they are still available (after removing car from app) try and activate/deactivate them

Whilst doing this all the features disappeared, don’t try adding the car to the app till they have gone.

If gone, add the car to the app, hopefully see the connectivity options reappear on Sync 3.

It was at this point it would then allow me to switch on local hazard info.

I’m guessing the key to this is making sure you see Sync 3 delete the features before re-adding them.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
robgee

Post by robgee »

Spearmint wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:57 pm
This is exactly what I did and it ended up working. Long shot, but worth a try.

Connect phone and car to home WiFi

Remove the car from the app

Go to FordPass Connect on Sync 3
Go to connectivity settings
If they are still available (after removing car from app) try and activate/deactivate them

Whilst doing this all the features disappeared, don’t try adding the car to the app till they have gone.

If gone, add the car to the app, hopefully see the connectivity options reappear on Sync 3.

It was at this point it would then allow me to switch on local hazard info.

I’m guessing the key to this is making sure you see Sync 3 delete the features before re-adding them.
Thanks will try that in the morning
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Omg all these faults on a brand new model,thats shocking,im looking at buying a puma next year,I have a fiesta titanium b and o play edition at the moment,its been faultless for a year,I hope you guys get things sorted out quickly and hassle free
AlB

Post by AlB »

tbr27 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Ours has come back from the garage and the vibration has gone. The garage said they took the door apart and rebuilt it. Seems fine now.

Unfortunately the wing mirror issue still persists, I can still see the wires behind the glass on the passenger side. Definitely a design fault for me, i don't think the mirror sits far enough back into the housing. Going back in next week.
Puma ST-Line X First Edition 155 - Desert Island Blue
AlB

Post by AlB »

robgee wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:46 pm
Also have noticed that i get a lot of movement on the gear stick as it goes in gear and then seems to adjust it self . If you keep your hand on it you can notice it and you can see it moving if you are the passenger.
I also have this issue. I wasn't sure if it was an actual issue or just a feature of the car. I often drive with my hand on the gear stick but you cant in the puma as the vibration and movement though the gear stick when you accelerate is awful. Does every Puma feel like this?
Puma ST-Line X First Edition 155 - Desert Island Blue
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

No that's definitely not right. Mine has no vibes at all and shifts ok. Can get the occasional notchy change when cold. I'd get that looked at.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

AlB wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:04 am
robgee wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:46 pm
I also have this issue. I wasn't sure if it was an actual issue or just a feature of the car. I often drive with my hand on the gear stick but you cant in the puma as the vibration and movement though the gear stick when you accelerate is awful. Does every Puma feel like this?
Mine is smooth as a slightly rippled sea, no transmission vibration at all.

I’d get it looked at.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic