How's everyone liking their cars now that you have them?

All Ford Puma related discussions
AlB

Post by AlB »

Whilst there has been some positives I'm disappointed with the build quality and some really bad designs elements.

Issues

1. Wires visible in the passenger wing mirror
2. Loud vibration/buzzing in passenger door when music is loudish (B&O).
3. Remote tailgate works only after about 10 kicks/leg swipes. Need to have a black belt in taekwondo to operate it
4. 2 alerts on my Ford connect app about ABS failing and seatbelt pretensioners failing but nothing on the dash.

It's booked into the garage to have these looked at.

Theres also two poor design features.

You can't use the cup holders in the console and deploy your handbrake and the same time without jamming your hand against your cup. Its such a narrow space.

Near passenger seats are too narrow for a normal booster seat as the seat covers the seatbelt clip. Means my son can't strap himself in without shunting his car seat over to the door. Issue with that is the car seat tips as the seats are not flat. Bad design.

On a plus side its nice to drive and although the 3 cylinder engine is a little gruff the hybrid feels good and its nice and responsive with good handling. Lots of convenient features like auto lights and adaptive cruise control. Lane keep assist is not a good active system though , let's you hit the line before it corrects you.
Puma ST-Line X First Edition 155 - Desert Island Blue

tbr27

Post by tbr27 »

AlB wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:23 am Whilst there has been some positives I'm disappointed with the build quality and some really bad designs elements.

Issues

Yes!. I have this but only happens when the car is moving. I've informed the dealership about it and they've said bring it down so they can see/hear.

Also, getting a slight squeak on drivers side door at ear level so will let them know about that as well.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

AlB wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:23 am Whilst there has been some positives I'm disappointed with the build quality and some really bad designs elements.

Issues

3. Remote tailgate works only after about 10 kicks/leg swipes. Need to have a black belt in taekwondo to operate it
#2 mine also buzzes, even when not very loud (vol 10)

#3 there’s a knack, very centre of the bumper, imagine you’re tapping a foam football.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Issues

4. 2 alerts on my Ford connect app about ABS failing and seatbelt pretensioners failing but nothing on the dash.

You can't use the cup holders in the console and deploy your handbrake and the same time without jamming your hand against your cup. Its such a narrow space.

Near passenger seats are too narrow for a normal booster seat as the seat covers the seatbelt clip. Means my son can't strap himself in without shunting his car seat over to the door. Issue with that is the car seat tips as the seats are not flat. Bad design.

On a plus side its nice to drive and although the 3 cylinder engine is a little gruff the hybrid feels good and its nice and responsive with good handling. Lots of convenient features like auto lights and adaptive cruise control. Lane keep assist is not a good active system though , let's you hit the line before it corrects you.

Lane keeping aid doesn't work for me, have it on maximum sensitivity but on the M25 I tried to veer over the lane a little on an empty stretch and nothing happened
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:57 pm

Issues

Lane keeping aid doesn't work for me, have it on maximum sensitivity but on the M25 I tried to veer over the lane a little on an empty stretch and nothing happened
Have you turned it on with the switch on the end of the indicator stalk? I thought it wasn't working until I found that little button 😂😂
Puma ST Line X FE 155 (March 1st)
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Lane assist with steering has to be enabled else it’ll just shake the steering. Alert + Aid need to be ticked.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
AlB

Post by AlB »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:57 pm Lane keeping aid doesn't work for me, have it on maximum sensitivity but on the M25 I tried to veer over the lane a little on an empty stretch and nothing happened
As above there are a few setting for it. However, all it does is yank you from the outside line to the inside line back to the outside line - it's very reactive to reaching the line and more of a safety system than driving assistance. We have lane keeping assist on our other car and it basically drives the car for you, keeping you in the middle of the lane and steering you round corners.
Puma ST-Line X First Edition 155 - Desert Island Blue
gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

AlB wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:15 pm
JackTheLad87 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:57 pm Lane keeping aid doesn't work for me, have it on maximum sensitivity but on the M25 I tried to veer over the lane a little on an empty stretch and nothing happened
As above there are a few setting for it. However, all it does is yank you from the outside line to the inside line back to the outside line - it's very reactive to reaching the line and more of a safety system than driving assistance. We have lane keeping assist on our other car and it basically drives the car for you, keeping you in the middle of the lane and steering you round corners.
I did 150 miles on the motorway with adaptive cruise and lane assist on and was basically a passenger for the whole journey. They both worked really well. The lane assist for me was quite subtle and just gently moved the car back into lane. Think my settings are on the default ones
Puma ST Line X FE 155 (March 1st)
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

gsd0475 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:54 pm
JackTheLad87 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:57 pm

Issues

Have you turned it on with the switch on the end of the indicator stalk? I thought it wasn't working until I found that little button 😂😂
That’ll be it then 😂 ... have it activated Alert + Aid in the settings menu but didn’t know about the button on the indicator stick 🙈

Can’t wait to try it out but currently in Miami at the moment, a few thousand miles from the Puma back in London
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Puma currently in the shop to have the rattle taken out and I’m in their 125 ST Line demonstrator. Interesting to compare to a 155.

Definitely got enough poke, seems settled in with 3.5k on the clock. Noticeable is the 4mpg higher (44.7mpg) average it has over my 155 with 750 on the clock.

Much more head room without the sunroof. Air/con seems to blow better too.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic