What changes would you like to see in the “New” Puma?

All Ford Puma related discussions
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Assuming at some point Ford are going to make some more (not just the lesser spec Design model type) changes - whether it be facelift, tech or internal etc, what would you like to see them do?

A simple one to start the conversation off…..I’d like to see their Moondust silver as a paint option.

I’d also like to see a higher more SUV style seating position and ride height.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

A ride height change could affect the road holding and handling capabilities. The door seals and paint issues need addressing. There's also a couple of water traps under the bonnet. I'll think of some more later.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

The thread wasn’t aimed at addressing our grumbles or Ford’s QA (for fear of it turning into a whinging thread - we have too many of those already)

😆
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

That told you Rizmo.... :lol: Though it's hard to say what you would like to say without it sounding too much like a whinge.. :D
What we know so far is that the Sync screen is going to change to a bigger and more landscape screen, as in the Mach-E. They may skip Sync 4 and go straight to Android automotive. I'd be very happy with that if they did.
I don't think that looks wise they could improve on it, so that, IMO, will be very minor cosmetics.
An all electric version is bound to be on the cards and I'd go for that, if the price was right.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Maybe a few extra cubby holes/ storage, maybe one on the dash that some cars have, an option for a HUD might be good too…
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Rizmo knows I’d never reprimand him 😆

I think you’re right, any changes we’d like to see could possibly be seen as a whinge about our current ones so I’ll let you all off 🤪😘
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

In that case a redesign of the doors would be good to stop the ingress of dirt along the sills.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

My wife and I are trading in our Fiestas for a single Puma as we can't justify two cars these days. I would like to see electrically adjustable drivers seat and the ability to store the driving position for a couple of drivers, to include mirror settings and possibly steering wheel adjustment.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Now that would be useful.

Now I’ve had a chance to ponder….

I’d like to see a change to the panoramic roof shade to be electronically operated and have options to be independent from the roof or to slide back when the roof is opened.

Saying that, a panoramic roof which is fixed and non opening would also be a nice touch (and perhaps not be as expensive).
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

NeilS wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:16 am
Saying that, a panoramic roof which is fixed and non opening would also be a nice touch (and perhaps not be as expensive).
I would go for that one. Wouldn't affect head clearance either.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic