What changes would you like to see in the “New” Puma?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Mike

Post by Mike »

Mine is the same as Sparks, my last van was the joystick type, I reckon they would be interchangeable.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )

Deleted User 1154

Post by Deleted User 1154 »

Cool,my fiesta has the paf type,think they have put the joystick on the fiesta,I.might be wrong
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:24 pm Looks like a backward step. My Vignale was built 05.11.2021 and is the same mirror control as Sparks. Easy to operate.
My Vignale was built 3 days after yours and its got the later design. I guess that narrows down the changeover point.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

And my dealer is puzzled as to why I won't exchange my First edition for a newer car!! :o :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

The dial portion of the speedometer seems utterly useless as it's completely unreadable, at least to me.

There seem to be a large number of opportunities for redesign
  • The large lines are added at 15mph increments which are only useful when traveling at 30 or 60
  • There are no numbers round the dial so the lines are largely irrelevant as you can't quickly figure out at a glance which line you're looking at.
  • The graduated graphic that increases in size as you go quicker is impossible to decipher quickly as there's way too much going on
  • The arrow around the edge showing the target speed when using the speed limiter or cruise control just adds to the general clutter and graphic overload

Imagine trying to rely upon it if the speed was not also displayed in large numbers

It either needs re-designing or just removing completely and rely on the digital numbers
ST Line X 155, Desert Island Blue. Ordered 31/12/21, delivered 23/05/22
Deleted User 1154

Why should ypu change sparks,those first editions are great value for money,with all the stuff you get on them, even more so now ford have put the option prices up on stuff,Its a £1000 for a panoramic roof,£650 for a power tailgate etc,thats one reason why I wont buy a brand new puma
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Rear lights have to be updated. The indicators are virtually invisible when the brakes lights come on.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:16 pm Sometimes think we are spoilt. When I first started driving flashing indicators were a luxury but juggling with the choke on a cold morning needed a lot of patience and a bit of luck. Flood the plugs and it was all over, might as well go back in and have a cup of tea.
Haha! My dads Ford Pop had indicators in the centre pillars that popped out when he wanted to turn. My mum sat in the back waiting for the instruction:

“Hit the (left or right) indicator, Norah”

She would then give the door pillar a smack and the indicator would pop out 😃

Them were the days 🤣🤣
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 1154

Give it a nice fat facelift lol
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Sorry if anyone has already posted this but looks like they are testing the 2024 Puma, minor facelift along the lines of the Fiesta/Focus and sync 4 look to be the main changes on the petrol Puma https://uk.motor1.com/news/671956/2024- ... py-photos/

Not sure if the Ford badge on the grill and removing lower fog lights is a bit improvement but will wait and see