What changes would you like to see in the “New” Puma?

All Ford Puma related discussions
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

No more carpeted wheel arches - plays havoc with my cleaning. Plastic ones are much easier.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Rizmo wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:05 pm Would like to see most of all improved quality control.
This!
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thicker paint, followed a bus today and i was quite a distance behind then suddenly a load of what i first thought was hail stones landed on my car, can only think the bus caught the overhanging bushes next to the road and all sorts of tree crap was thrown into the air and landed on my car, so a couple more chips
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

The joystick to select between Left/Right mirrors is an ergonomic abomination. It's fine to adjust the selected mirror but find it hard to grab hold of it to change between Left and Right mirrors.

It's too close to the door to enable me to grip it easily
ST Line X 155, Desert Island Blue. Ordered 31/12/21, delivered 23/05/22
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

DickDastardly wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:10 am The joystick to select between Left/Right mirrors is an ergonomic abomination. It's fine to adjust the selected mirror but find it hard to grab hold of it to change between Left and Right mirrors.

Joystick?? I don't have one on mine. It's a flat button toggle. Like this.... https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford ... bled=False
No need to grab anything. Have they changed the design?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

Sparks wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:44 am
DickDastardly wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:10 am The joystick to select between Left/Right mirrors is an ergonomic abomination. It's fine to adjust the selected mirror but find it hard to grab hold of it to change between Left and Right mirrors.

Joystick?? I don't have one on mine. It's a flat button toggle. Like this.... https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford ... bled=False
No need to grab anything. Have they changed the design?
Guess they must have. The design you linked to is the same as the Mk8 Fiesta, which I just got rid of, and that works very well with its single finger operation.

This however is completely different

PXL_20220603_110525144.jpg

With the back of your hand touching the door this is where your fingers naturally want to be, nowhere near the joystick...

PXL_20220603_110606021.jpg

...and this is the severe bend I have to put into my wrist to actually grab the thing

PXL_20220603_110612975.jpg

It needs a complete rethink
Last edited by DickDastardly on Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Looks like a backward step. My Vignale was built 05.11.2021 and is the same mirror control as Sparks. Easy to operate.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Well that's a retro step. I see what you mean about being awkward. That said, once I've set my mirrors I never touch the darn thing, except on the rare occasion (🍻🍺🥂) my wife drives it.... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

I've had many many Fords over the years and this is the first time that something about the design has frustrated me. I often lower the passenger mirror when parking, will have to make sure I keep the switch in the L position
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Sometimes think we are spoilt. When I first started driving flashing indicators were a luxury but juggling with the choke on a cold morning needed a lot of patience and a bit of luck. Flood the plugs and it was all over, might as well go back in and have a cup of tea.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.