loading updates via WiFi.

All Ford Puma related discussions
oggie1947

Post by oggie1947 »

Not sure if its been asked before, but if I can log my car into my internet, will it upload things like Map updates and Sync updates?
Once logged in can I then switch engine off, lock the car and go indoors whilst it is still loading updates.
I ask because I have a 22gb map update to download and I've heard that this can take 2 plus hours to do via a memory stick, whereas if its done via the internet if it took all night it wouldn't matter. Thank you in advance for your answers..
Vignale 155 auto in Fantastic Red with driver support pack hands free tailgate and a spare wheel.

Col1948

Post by Col1948 »

Hi, done my 2 week old Puma over my house wifi (parked in front house) when i asked sync for updates it brought up about 6 updates, Sync and mapsF10 amoung others? i sat in the car with it running but its a slow job, left it updating as i thought to download, since found out the whole electrics shut down after about 4 mins. so started again the next day. it took a long time over a period off 2 days. All downloaded and work a treat. best of luck with it... but worth it!
2021.75 Puma ST line, 155, Frozen White, 19'' Alloys. Privacy Glass.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Not sure anyone has bothered with the 22gb map update.

My car shows up to date on maps. I leave it with Wi-Fi enabled and I think it updates whilst sat on the drive.

If there really is need for the 22gb map update I think I’ll wait for the dealer to sort it.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Several road changes and new estates in my area, all added with the F10 update. USB 2 1/2 hours on a long trip. I can remember it showing my car several times travelling through a field!
oggie1947

Post by oggie1947 »

Thank you for your replys, on my last car with sync 3 the sat nav gave me traffic camera alerts, but now on my Puma these no longer seem to exist, would updating to F10 bring these back.
Vignale 155 auto in Fantastic Red with driver support pack hands free tailgate and a spare wheel.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

It might do. Mine gives camera warnings but a lot of them are out of date or they are given too late. Using Waze or Google maps on Android Auto is in another realm.... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

oggie1947 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:41 pm Thank you for your replys, on my last car with sync 3 the sat nav gave me traffic camera alerts, but now on my Puma these no longer seem to exist, would updating to F10 bring these back.
Turn on Hazard Spot Warnings in navigation preferences. If you select visual and chime Sync will then announce "Caution" when approaching a known camera location.
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:09 am
oggie1947 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:41 pm Thank you for your replys, on my last car with sync 3 the sat nav gave me traffic camera alerts, but now on my Puma these no longer seem to exist, would updating to F10 bring these back.
Turn on Hazard Spot Warnings in navigation preferences. If you select visual and chime Sync will then announce "Caution" when approaching a known camera location.
Exactly how mine works.

I’m on F10 but will not be messing about with a 22gb update.
oggie1947

Post by oggie1947 »

I am on F9 and as the car is only 6 weeks old you would have thought the dealership would have updated everything during the PDI, I do have the update on a memory stick and will probably plug it in on my next longish journey.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

oggie1947 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:12 pm I am on F9 and as the car is only 6 weeks old you would have thought the dealership would have updated everything during the PDI, I do have the update on a memory stick and will probably plug it in on my next longish journey.
That’s stupid and poor by the dealership.