Android Auto

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

It's all pretty straight forward....Ford have a guide if you need it.....https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources- ... droid-auto
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

My mobile is PAYG so no chance of me using Android Auto unfortunately. Not sure about Waze and other sat nav apps.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: ↑Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:54 pm My mobile is PAYG so no chance of me using Android Auto unfortunately. Not sure about Waze and other sat nav apps.
Time to hit the 21st Century..... ;) :D
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I hardly use my phone. Forgot I binned the PAYG and got a monthly deal of 500 mins, 500 texts and 500 megabytes for less than Β£4, and I don't use anywhere near that.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: ↑Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:34 pm I hardly use my phone. Forgot I binned the PAYG and got a monthly deal of 500 mins, 500 texts and 500 megabytes for less than Β£4, and I don't use anywhere near that.
If you just use the data for Android Auto, that should be plenty....Plenty to give it a try... ;)
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I'll give it a go.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

TBH, Android Auto is much better than most, if not all of the motor manufacturers inbuilt systems anyway and they would be better off using that than wasting their money on the R&D of their own systems and mapping (I belive Ford buys it's maps from Tomtom and then half cripples them doesn't it?).

The voice control with Android is 500% better than Ford's too
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

cianpars wrote: ↑Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:40 am TBH, Android Auto is much better than most, if not all of the motor manufacturers inbuilt systems anyway and they would be better off using that than wasting their money on the R&D of their own systems and mapping (I belive Ford buys it's maps from Tomtom and then half cripples them doesn't it?).

The voice control with Android is 500% better than Ford's too
They are all moving to Android Automotive which is a version of AA that comes inbuilt into the car...Ford will move on from Sync 4 to the new system by 2024 at the latest. As you say, they will save millions just letting Google continue the development of the system.