Theft

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Check out the attached, happened in Telford. Puma and Fiesta share the same software and security measures I think. This is worrying to us all and a timely reminder that thieves usually find a way.

Screenshot_2021-12-22-07-32-36-92_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-22-07-32-52-86_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg

Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

I was under the impression that on the Puma, the keyless function on the key itself shuts off after 30 seconds or so if the key doesn't detect movement, rendering the amplification method ineffective?
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Yes, the Puma's key turns off after 40 seconds of inactivity rendering it useless for middle man key attacks.
If you own an older Ford you can get the new keys for around £60 I believe.
That said, I still drop mine into a tin in the draw (old habit)... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I thought it was 40 seconds, those key fobs look identical to the Puma keys and if so maybe there is some new software which the thieves are using to defeat the security. It's a Faraday bag and krooklock for me.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:17 pm I thought it was 40 seconds, those key fobs look identical to the Puma keys and if so maybe there is some new software which the thieves are using to defeat the security. It's a Faraday bag and krooklock for me.
The physical look of the keys are the same it's inside that's changed.
sfootboy

Post by sfootboy »

Just looked again at the latest Ford online brochure, and the only Puma models to have the motion sensing fob are the st line got more and the st. I spotted this the other day when I noticed that my awaited St Line X won t have the motion sensing fob
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

sfootboy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:30 pm Just looked again at the latest Ford online brochure, and the only Puma models to have the motion sensing fob are the st line got more and the st. I spotted this the other day when I noticed that my awaited St Line X won t have the motion sensing fob
As I said you can get it retro fitted, might be worth asking the dealer to throw one in or pay for the upgrade.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

I am surprised that the Motion Sensing Key Fob is not standard on all Keyless Entry Pumas. Is this a consequence of the chip shortage?

I just checked the specification on my 2020 Titanium with Handsfree Power Tailgate and every option.

Handsfree Power Tailgate
(Contains Keyless Entry + Motion Sensing Key Fob)

I have to confess to not having tried it to see if it doesn’t work motionless. As it is freezing and dark outside I will try another day!
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I believe that all new fords have the motion sensing keys.
If anyone wants to buy one for an older vehicle..... https://shop.ford.co.uk/products/motion ... -ford-logo
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

I looked like a complete numpty standing still for 40 seconds in the car park, but indeed the keyless entry didn’t work until I rattled my keys ;)