First service. Where to take it?

All Ford Puma related discussions
alanp

Post by alanp »

My puma will be due it’s first service in January, ( oil life 8% ), but I’m unsure which dealer to go to,
I bought it from lookers Harrogate which has since closed, my nearest is Leeds, however, I’ve been taking it to Lawton’s in tadcaster ( about 6 miles from me) , but I’m not overly impressed,.
I have the dreaded dash rattle, which, as I understand is the airbag bracket, if I go back to lookers would they be more likely to fix this? ( I know they won’t do it when I get it serviced and I’ll have to rebook) ,
Is the rattle the bracket, ( if you put your hand on the top of the dash just left of the touchscreen, you can feel it) , or is it something else?
If I tell them that I think it’s the bracket, would they take that on board, or would they think I’m trying to tell them their job?
I know it also needs update’s to the cars system, and I have the battery message occasionally, but I’ve given up on getting that resolved,
Just not sure which dealer would br best to use,

I must add that I have used Lawton’s for a warranty claim concerning an unlocking passenger door, and a missing piece of trim, ( which they charged me 4 quid for) and an inspection to renew the breakdown assist, but I have little faith in them taking the dash apart to fix a rattle.
What do you guy’s think..?
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Depends on your want to travel....No reason you can't go to another dealer. In fact, I would go out of my way to tell them you weren't happy with your dealer, they may try a bit harder to keep you.
Tell them that you want all updates doing and that you suspect where the rattle is coming from. You aren't telling them their job which is to fix it.
Updates should have been done when in for a convenience check...
Don't just accept the first thing you are told if you think it's not right. At the end of the day they are supposed to make you happy not the other way around... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
alanp

Post by alanp »

I was just wondering whether the dealer group I bought from ( their ex demo) would be more sympathetic to my request’s
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

alanp wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:03 am I was just wondering whether the dealer group I bought from ( their ex demo) would be more sympathetic to my request’s
Once they have made the sale some of them are woeful in the Service department. Sales and Service are two distinct and separate entities in a dealership. It doesn't follow that you are going to get good service once they made the sale. You have nothing to lose by trying different dealers until you find one you are happy with.
I've even found a difference in two different dealers of the same group 10 miles apart ( I live exactly half way between them. :D )
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Don't be concerned about going to another dealer. In fact tell them you are dissatisfied and lack confidence with your current dealer. Don't be shy, be firm and fair. As Sparks says some of the bigger dealers departments seem at odds with each other or worse. Some may as well be at different location , they lack coordination and seem to look down on each other. Upper management need to get a grip. The dash rattle goes back to the first Pumas in 2019 so all dealer service departments must be aware. Same with battery issues.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
alanp

Post by alanp »

The dealer nearest to me is a small family run affair that is long established, although I do have stoneacre ford at the other side of the city, but I don’t know if they’re any better…
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Only you can decide.....Nothing stopping you going in and talking to them without booking anything to see what they are like.
You seem to be more concerned about upsetting someone than making yourself happy...
alanp

Post by alanp »

Sparks wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:48 pm Only you can decide.....Nothing stopping you going in and talking to them without booking anything to see what they are like.
You seem to be more concerned about upsetting someone than making yourself happy...
It’s not really about upsetting someone, I just don’t want to go in all guns blazing when I didn’t buy the car from there, if I go back to group I got the car from, are they going to be any better?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Sparks wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:19 am
alanp wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:03 am I was just wondering whether the dealer group I bought from ( their ex demo) would be more sympathetic to my request’s
Once they have made the sale some of them are woeful in the Service department. Sales and Service are two distinct and separate entities in a dealership. It doesn't follow that you are going to get good service once they made the sale. You have nothing to lose by trying different dealers until you find one you are happy with.
I've even found a difference in two different dealers of the same group 10 miles apart ( I live exactly half way between them. :D )
Dealers need to remember the salesperson might sell you the car but the service dept make you want to go back or NOT is some cases.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

alanp wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:08 pm
Sparks wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:48 pm Only you can decide.....Nothing stopping you going in and talking to them without booking anything to see what they are like.
It’s not really about upsetting someone, I just don’t want to go in all guns blazing when I didn’t buy the car from there, if I go back to group I got the car from, are they going to be any better?
Nothing stopping you using another and if you aren't happy going back to the first one......No one can tell you it will be better or not, unless you try the other one you will never know.
Why stop at a Ford dealer? Plenty of independents in and around York.