Alarm

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

My alarm has been activated (builders pumping concrete next door probably). FordPass informs me that the security system 'has detected vehicle inclination and triggered the alarm'.
No idea what the inclination it had was, does that mean it has a mind of it's own??? :o :)
I'm guessing it was the vibrations from the pump wagon, it's bloody huge....
At least it let me know via the app....That's a plus because I have the other notifications turned off.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

I believe It has inclination sensors to detect the vehicle being lifted. Did the builders "move" it slightly? :lol:
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
falco15

Post by falco15 »

Excuse my English, when you close the car and the alarm is activated, a led lights up as in most alarms. Nothing in my car lights up.

Thanks
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

falco15 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:19 am Excuse my English, when you close the car and the alarm is activated, a led lights up as in most alarms. Nothing in my car lights up.

Thanks
There is no red light flashing in the Puma that indicates the alarm is set.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Sparks wrote: ↑Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:26 am
falco15 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:19 am Excuse my English, when you close the car and the alarm is activated, a led lights up as in most alarms. Nothing in my car lights up.

Thanks
There is no red light flashing in the Puma that indicates the alarm is set.
That surprised me too.
DaveM02

Post by DaveM02 »

Looking for a way to stop the car alarm from sounding when on a ferry. Perhaps as expected, I found that the inclination sensors trigger the alarm due to ferry movement, especially when it is manoeuvring. So looking for a way to disable them or alternatively lock the car without enabling the alarm.

As far as I can see, selecting Reduced guard, locking via Ford Pass or even using the key blade won't avoid this. Anyone know any different or have an another option for me to try on the return trip?
Ford Puma Titanium Manual 155 Frozen White with DAP
Ordered 26/08/21 - Forecast 31/12/21 - Delivered 28/03/22
ErikThBee

Post by ErikThBee »

According to the manual, selecting reduced guard will only enable the perimeter sensors (attempted entry).
DaveM02

Post by DaveM02 »

Yes thanks, I see that and taken at its word, that should do it. I did attempt to try that (set it for reduced guard at the next lock, whilst I was waiting in the boarding queue) and the alarm subsequently went off but perhaps it was operator error and it had already reset back to full guard by the time I actually locked it. I'll try it again on the return trip and ensure I select reduced guard when finally parked on board.
DaveM02

Post by DaveM02 »

Just to close out the thread for anyone who may read it in the future, the return trip went fine with no alarm activation. Seems likely that on the outward trip the system had reset to the default full guard and not the reduced guard I had intended.