Remote Start

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

On these cold mornings has anybody actually used the remote start to warm up their car? I haven't, I suspect it is another gimmick like the auto parking.

paulv

Post by paulv »

hi, i've used remote start a few times (actually more times that i've ever used auto parking)
it leaves the car locked, and switches the engine on for around 5 mins i think. It also switched on the heated steering wheel and heated seats, as well as the heated windscreen.
I've found it works great for me
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

I am very jealous paulv. A feature that is only available on the auto I think. Mrs B has a Volvo with it and I think it's used every morning now we're fully in the depths of winter.
microbe

Post by microbe »

We have used it a number of times and think it one of the best features of the car. It also means I don't have to empty the garage
Puma ST-Line X 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Desert Island Blue 2021
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

Don't have it on my Puma, but have it on my new van as I specced an auto box. Its brilliant.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

It's not really an environmentally sound option and can't be used if the car is parked on the road. Not that anyone with it will be bothered by any of that.... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

microbe wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:26 pm We have used it a number of times and think it one of the best features of the car. It also means I don't have to empty the garage
Love the reasoning.. :lol: That'd totally be my excuse!
Alan321

Post by Alan321 »

paulv wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:40 am hi, i've used remote start a few times (actually more times that i've ever used auto parking)
it leaves the car locked, and switches the engine on for around 5 mins i think. It also switched on the heated steering wheel and heated seats, as well as the heated windscreen.
I've found it works great for me
The running time can be changed, IIRC from 5-15 mins (but I can't remember how, sorry). My heated seats, although switched on, don't heat up until a few mins after sitting on them. Maybe there's an occupancy sensor? Heated steering wheels tho... where have they been all my life lol

edit... the running time.. press menu button on steering wheel > settings > vehicle > remote start > duration
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I dislike heated seats and never used them in my last motor. As for the heated steering wheel, I have a pair of Clutch - The Suited Racer x Dents Cashmere Lined Touchscreen Leather Driving Gloves, which were quite a fistful of quids, so, I wouldn't use the heated wheel either.... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.