Drive mode selector

All Ford Puma related discussions
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

On most Puma models the drive mode selector is just behind the gearchange lever but I've noticed that on the ST, the selector is on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Is there a reason why the other models didn't have it there? It seems the obvious place to put it.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Because selection is sequential the obvious place is a paddle behind the steering. Don't need to take your eyes off the road then. Do doubt when the upgrade arrives that's where it will be moved to.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

I agree entirely. The mode selector button can be a real pain down there and should be on the steering wheel.

I'm yet to have found any reason to use slipppery or trail mode.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

I agree entirely. The mode selector button can be a real pain down there and should be on the steering wheel.

I'm yet to have found any reason to use slipppery or trail mode.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Try all the modes and see what happens.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

You get used to the mode button being where it is. I'm on my third Ford with mode selection.

What would be really useful is to be able to eliminate lesser used modes, e.g. trail, same as you can with the the Screen selection (would have loved this feature when owning the Mk3 RS to get rid of the utterly stupid Drift mode)
ST Line X 155, Desert Island Blue. Ordered 31/12/21, delivered 23/05/22