Winter Check

All Ford Puma related discussions
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Sparks wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:59 pm
cianpars wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:35 pm I just borrowed a multimeter to check my battery. Reminds me that it is about time I bought myself one.

Can't remember the voltage offhand, but it was a lot higher than was being shown in the technical menu on the dashboard.
When I had my Convenience check done I looked at what the dash was reporting (11.6 if I remember correctly) and checked it with the dealers report. They tested it at 12.4v, so, either they were lying or that dash report doesn't tell the whole story and we are all off on a wild goose chase..... ;)
That's pretty much the figures I am getting from memory. I would rather believe the multimeter personally as I know it doesn't lie. I've checked the multimeter versus the technical menu on a couple of Fiestas and found the same thing - maybe there is an electrical draw when the screens, etc. are activated causing the anomalolies.

asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

cianpars wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:10 am
cianpars wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:35 pm I just borrowed a multimeter to check my battery. Reminds me that it is about time I bought myself one.

Can't remember the voltage offhand, but it was a lot higher than was being shown in the technical menu on the dashboard.
When I had my Convenience check done I looked at what the dash was reporting (11.6 if I remember correctly) and checked it with the dealers report. They tested it at 12.4v, so, either they were lying or that dash report doesn't tell the whole story and we are all off on a wild goose chase..... ;)
That's pretty much the figures I am getting from memory. I would rather believe the multimeter personally as I know it doesn't lie. I've checked the multimeter versus the technical menu on a couple of Fiestas and found the same thing - maybe there is an electrical draw when the screens, etc. are activated causing the anomalolies.
This is exactly what I've said numerous times
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
focusfh56

Post by focusfh56 »

cianpars wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:33 pm I thought Ford breakdown cover only lasted a year Stoopo. Can anyone confirm?
Yes it does unless you bought a Ford Direct car then it is 2 years.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Mine showed 12.37 yesterday on the dealers multimeter. They marked it as v good.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Stoopo wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:23 pm

Mine showed 12.37 yesterday on the dealers multimeter. They marked it as v good.
That's only about 70% charge Stuart 👎

Screenshot_20220124-121615_Chrome.jpg

Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

BjNtheBear wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:41 am
Stoopo wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:23 pm

That's only about 70% charge Stuart 👎Screenshot_20220124-121615_Chrome.jpg
It appears to be holding up well. Used the heated seats and steering wheel a few times too. No warnings ....yet :)
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.