Puma Insurance

All Ford Puma related discussions
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

My fully comprehensve policy on the Puma 125 ST Line X cost me £168 with £200 excess. Just wondered what kind of premiums you lot were being quoted for yours if you would like to share.

Mine is a fairly basic policy with the Mrs a named driver (though she is only likely to drive it in case of emergency as I would prefer to keep it dent and scratch free for as long as possible).

Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Anybody can get a cheap policy but for me it is important to get a policy from somebody I can trust with extras like no claims protection, guaranteed car hire etc. I personally would not go for a budget company but that is just personal choice. For comparison £194 Churchill with all the extras.

The first year I actually went with Ford Assure at a stupid price but only because my current insurer (Lloyds) didn’t have the Puma on their database!
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

I've used Churchill for years and have always been happy with them, but each year they hike the prices and last year would not relent, so I moved to Hastings and it saved me about £60. I don't really need all the frills as we have a second car and and a years breakdown cover with Ford
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

LV have been great for me for the past two renewals...No increase. I had a broken windscreen replaced all hassle free that didn't increase any renewal quote.
Churchill and others were quite a bit more on their quotes, so, I'll stick with LV while they remain good value.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Too many variables for us to compare who we’re with and what we pay. That’s what comparison sites and apps are for. 😆
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

179.77 Saga

Age 65
Full no claims
Wife included - age 64.
No accidents.
£200excess
Protected and claims.

Done through Go Compare which gave me £250 excess cover.
Also through Top Cashback which gave me £31 cashback.

So net cost £148.77 with no excess I guess 👍
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
bbtablet

Post by bbtablet »

Try not to get old, folks!

£336 SAGA
7000 miles p.a.; clean driving licence; 25+ years NCB protected; £250 excess; kept on drive.
The killer? - 78 years old!
Lucid red Puma ST Line X 155
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

bbtablet wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:01 pm Try not to get old, folks!

£336 SAGA
7000 miles p.a.; clean driving licence; 25+ years NCB protected; £250 excess; kept on drive.
The killer? - 78 years old!
Saga have never been good value. Goodness knows who owns them now. Was the AA then AXA (I think).
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Sparks, my new motor is with Allen Ford so I will try LV again with whom my previous Puma was insured through.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:42 pm Sparks, my new motor is with Allen Ford so I will try LV again with whom my previous Puma was insured through.
Worth a try....If you don't think it's a bargain, the comparison sites next stop?