125 v155 revisited

All Ford Puma related discussions
User avatar
Tommo56
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:09 pm
Location: Macclesfield

Post by Tommo56 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:38 am

oggie1947 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:19 am
Picked up my Vignale on Tuesday its also the 155 with the auto gearbox. When I was browsing on autotrader I noticed that the 125 cars all had drum rear brakes but my 155 has disc's all round. Not sure if this is standard throughout the range but might be a way of spotting the difference. Another thing I noticed was the led headlamps on the earlier vignale appear to be self leveling, but on mine they are manually adjusted. Mine also shows that it is the 2022 model so ford have probably altered a few bits to speed up production.
Got my Vignale 155 auto in August (June 21 build). Its got manually levelled fixed LED headlights too. Good colour choice BTW oggie1947 :D
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.

Vendee
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by Vendee » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:50 am

cianpars wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:14 am


As someone who test drove the 155 and bought the 125, I certainly I wish that I had gone for the 155
My wife and I have each owned the 125 Fiesta for 8 and 6 years respectively. I did consider the 155 when ordering my Puma but we test drove the 125 and we felt that the performance was about the same as our Fiestas. I think the mild hybrid might compensate for the heavier weight compared to the Fiesta. In any case, I find that as I am getting older, I'm driving a bit slower these days.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic

cianpars
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by cianpars » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:37 pm

The 125 has to work hard with 4 passengers, especially up hill and you need to use the gearbox more than you do in the 155.

I had the 125 in my B Max and thought it would be OK for the Puma, but the weight difference is approximately 1 passenger and I can certainly feel it.

It's OK though.

User avatar
Sparks
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Post by Sparks » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:20 pm

cianpars wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:37 pm
The 125 has to work hard with 4 passengers, especially up hill and you need to use the gearbox more than you do in the 155.

I had the 125 in my B Max and thought it would be OK for the Puma, but the weight difference is approximately 1 passenger and I can certainly feel it.

It's OK though.
What hills are you going up and how big are your passengers!!?? :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line X FIRST EDITION....Frozen White.
Wireless Android Auto.

Wowzz
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:47 pm

Post by Wowzz » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:36 am

cianpars wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:37 pm
The 125 has to work hard with 4 passengers, especially up hill and you need to use the gearbox more than you do in the 155.

I had the 125 in my B Max and thought it would be OK for the Puma, but the weight difference is approximately 1 passenger and I can certainly feel it.

It's OK though.
I'll be alright then, as I only drive down hill from my house !
Titanium 125, Solar Silver

cianpars
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by cianpars » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:56 am

Sparks wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:20 pm
cianpars wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:37 pm
The 125 has to work hard with 4 passengers, especially up hill and you need to use the gearbox more than you do in the 155.

I had the 125 in my B Max and thought it would be OK for the Puma, but the weight difference is approximately 1 passenger and I can certainly feel it.

It's OK though.
What hills are you going up and how big are your passengers!!?? :lol:
Question 1. Big
Question 2. Big

Well the hills are fairly normal hills in the main in the West Country, but some of my passengers are the size of two normal people. I worry whether the seats are strong enough TBH.

Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:05 pm

Could try remapping your 125,superchips do a good one,pushes power up to 147 bhp,which is good,plus they have been doing remaps for years

User avatar
Sparks
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Post by Sparks » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:44 pm

cianpars wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:56 am
Sparks wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:20 pm
cianpars wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:37 pm
The 125 has to work hard with 4 passengers, especially up hill and you need to use the gearbox more than you do in the 155.

I had the 125 in my B Max and thought it would be OK for the Puma, but the weight difference is approximately 1 passenger and I can certainly feel it.

It's OK though.
What hills are you going up and how big are your passengers!!?? :lol:
Question 1. Big
Question 2. Big

Well the hills are fairly normal hills in the main in the West Country, but some of my passengers are the size of two normal people. I worry whether the seats are strong enough TBH.
:lol: I think that the passengers are what affects the car, I've had no trouble on a trip to wales with 4 in the car and luggage.....Now those are hills... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line X FIRST EDITION....Frozen White.
Wireless Android Auto.

paulv
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:14 am
Location: rotherham

Post by paulv » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:49 pm

my vignale has chrome 'studs' on the radiator grille, don't know if vignales still do but wonder if thats a decent visible exterior difference?

image0.jpeg

FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D

User avatar
Tommo56
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:09 pm
Location: Macclesfield

Post by Tommo56 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:08 pm

paulv wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:49 pm
my vignale has chrome 'studs' on the radiator grille, don't know if vignales still do but wonder if thats a decent visible exterior difference?
image0.jpeg
My 155 Vignale has the same grill, so it's specific to the Vignale and not engine size.
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.

Post Reply