Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The EcoSport is now gone, so more chips for more Pumas.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

They are investing even more into the plant.... https://www.electrive.com/2021/04/27/fo ... n-romania/
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Lili

Post by Lili »

Hello all, hope you had a nice weekend.
I just called the dealer and he admitted that there are some Pumas on the way (to be built until the end of the month) but mine is not among them. As I've no build date yet (order date is 15t Sept), he is now sending an official request for information to the factory. He is confident that they will not cancel the order, but I've my doubts. The dealer explained that recently they see no option to order configurations with panoramic roof and none with a reverse camera. As mine has a reverse camera (+ front and rear parking sensors) , he suspects that's the reason why it's not even in the production queue already. He said that if I want it, I can get a Puma which they ordered for their stock - absolutely the same as mine, but no reverse camera. At this point, I'll wait for the official request for info to be answered and will act accordingly. For me a reverse camera is a must due to a very specific situation with the garage I use to park the car.
Unfortunately, this new info brings back my dilemma between the Puma and the Mokka GS line (which I'm to test drive this Friday).
Has anyone of you heard about a cancelled order, months after it was made?
Ford Puma Titanium 125 PS A7 FWD, Desert Island Blue, Comfort pack, Winter pack, Driver's assistance pack, digital display. Ordered 15th Sept 2021. No build date yet.
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Lili wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:16 am Hello all, hope you had a nice weekend.
I just called the dealer and he admitted that there are some Pumas on the way (to be built until the end of the month) but mine is not among them. As I've no build date yet (order date is 15t Sept), he is now sending an official request for information to the factory. He is confident that they will not cancel the order, but I've my doubts. The dealer explained that recently they see no option to order configurations with panoramic roof and none with a reverse camera. As mine has a reverse camera (+ front and rear parking sensors) , he suspects that's the reason why it's not even in the production queue already. He said that if I want it, I can get a Puma which they ordered for their stock - absolutely the same as mine, but no reverse camera. At this point, I'll wait for the official request for info to be answered and will act accordingly. For me a reverse camera is a must due to a very specific situation with the garage I use to park the car.
Unfortunately, this new info brings back my dilemma between the Puma and the Mokka GS line (which I'm to test drive this Friday).
There are people I know of, that have been waiting longer than yourself and have not been told about having their order cancelled. Sounds like they just want to offload some local stock to me, to fulfil your order.
Dilemma indeed: Wait for what you ordered, take what they offer you or go elsewhere.
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Lili wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:16 am Hello all, hope you had a nice weekend.
Sorry to hear of your ongoing problems. I would say you should give it another couple of weeks. If you are paying for a brand new car, its important to make sure that is has all the features that you need. If you need the camera then I think you should wait for it.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Hallelujah ..... the Puma has finally arrived at the dealer. Its only taken 7 months and 8 days but its here. I had a look round it at the dealers this morning. It looks like a car that has sat outside in bad weather for 2 1/2 months..... which oddly enough it has been :o I get to collect it on Thursday once the car has been PDI'd and cleaned. I've asked them to make sure that the software and maps are all up to date.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Vendee wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:08 pm Hallelujah ..... the Puma has finally arrived at the dealer. Its only taken 7 months and 8 days but its here. I had a look round it at the dealers this morning. It looks like a car that has sat outside in bad weather for 2 1/2 months..... which oddly enough it has been :o I get to collect it on Thursday once the car has been PDI'd and cleaned. I've asked them to make sure that the software and maps are all up to date.
Good news for sure. But make absolutely certain that the PDI is recorded and that it appears on the Ford Connect App. Remember no hard copy service history these days :o
Pumadave

Post by Pumadave »

Vendee wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:08 pm Hallelujah ..... the Puma has finally arrived at the dealer. Its only taken 7 months and 8 days but its here. I had a look round it at the dealers this morning. It looks like a car that has sat outside in bad weather for 2 1/2 months..... which oddly enough it has been :o I get to collect it on Thursday once the car has been PDI'd and cleaned. I've asked them to make sure that the software and maps are all up to date.
Oh that’s brilliant news for you Vendee… at last you have seen it and you will driving it in a few days .. 😉 I collect mine in the morning ..
Weeportlassie

Post by Weeportlassie »

Happy for you Vendee Took awhile but finally it here 😁
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Thanks everyone for your kind words :D