Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

The winter packs awesome as I have it on my fiesta,14 semi conductors for the roof lol lol lol,why that many?

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

afxentg wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:49 am Hello, unfortunately my Puma was no received yet. The Cyprus dealer contacted the factory again in mid January and he was informed that the ncar is on the train to the port.Let us hope it it will be shipped tomorrow when the ship reaches Monfalcone port.The dealer is very upset with the factory as they have sent cars ordered in September but not the cars ordered in June!!
My sympathies. I was/am in the same position. Ordered in June, built early November, kept in storage at the factory for two months while new built Pumas came off the production line and straight on to a train.

Mine is in the UK now and I hope to have it by the end of the week but no guarantees there. Good luck with getting yours soon.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Vendee, If you are collecting your new car you should check all the body panels. I have a door gap problem. My car was delivered by low loader so couldn't take the supplying dealer to task. I'll need to book in with a local dealer for an inspection. Not sure what tolerance levels apply with Ford. I'm thinking they are rushing the Puma builds and letting stuff go which the dealers should pick up on PDI. Not always the case as with my Vignale. Disappointing but after waiting so long I wasn't going to refuse the delivery.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Rizmo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:22 pm Vendee, If you are collecting your new car you should check all the body panels. I have a door gap problem. My car was delivered by low loader so couldn't take the supplying dealer to task. I'll need to book in with a local dealer for an inspection. Not sure what tolerance levels apply with Ford. I'm thinking they are rushing the Puma builds and letting stuff go which the dealers should pick up on PDI. Not always the case as with my Vignale. Disappointing but after waiting so long I wasn't going to refuse the delivery.
Yeah I did see the photo you posted. I will be looking out for that and I'll be picking up mine from the dealer who is only half a mile as the crow flies so I'll certainly be on top of things
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Let's hope your dealer has a decent body shop. I'm overly wary of most dealers after horror stories in the past.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
pkaps

Post by pkaps »

Rizmo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:22 pm Vendee, If you are collecting your new car you should check all the body panels. I have a door gap problem. My car was delivered by low loader so couldn't take the supplying dealer to task. I'll need to book in with a local dealer for an inspection. Not sure what tolerance levels apply with Ford. I'm thinking they are rushing the Puma builds and letting stuff go which the dealers should pick up on PDI. Not always the case as with my Vignale. Disappointing but after waiting so long I wasn't going to refuse the delivery.
Don't think its a matter of rushing production as they are short of semiconductors and other parts in general. If anything production and quality should have been better due to lesser builds. If you check the Kraiova Puma plant on You Tube videos you will realise the reason some Pumas are poorly built , its not a modern high tech plant as are most nowdays in Europe but rather a plant of decades ago and so workmanship and quality control also suffer along the infrastructure.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

pkaps wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:09 pm
Don't think its a matter of rushing production as they are short of semiconductors and other parts in general. If anything production and quality should have been better due to lesser builds. If you check the Kraiova Puma plant on You Tube videos you will realise the reason some Pumas are poorly built , its not a modern high tech plant as are most nowdays in Europe but rather a plant of decades ago and so workmanship and quality control also suffer along the infrastructure.
Ford have invested millions in the plant, £2 Billion I think, with over £200 million in the Puma alone. Where would you suggest all that money went?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I read somewhere that the EU gave Ford a stack of money to upgrade the plant and double the workforce.
pkaps

Post by pkaps »

Sparks wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:27 pm
Ford have invested millions in the plant, £2 Billion I think, with over £200 million in the Puma alone. Where would you suggest all that money went?
This is not for me to say, I say what I see and what I see is an old plant in Romania coupled with an outdated railroad infrastructure , if that says something, and most likely with cheap labour and we all know what this combination means. Ford did not appear to have invested that much on the Puma as it is largely based on the Fiesta. Almost all electronics are taken from other Ford models, I think that Ford was not expecting the Puma to be such a hit sales wise that early, they just wanted to enter the segment on safe grounds and apart from the design everything else was taken from other models, wise and economical path. If they had invested 2 billion on the plant I assure you it would have been the most modern and best in Europe and from what I see it is not even close to that. For 200 million yes, this is what you get and even that seems overrated. I'm not saying it is the pits but I was expecting much more from Ford, then again who am I to judge, I could be totally wrong!
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

pkaps wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:50 pm
Sparks wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:27 pm

This is not for me to say, I say what I see and what I see is an old plant in Romania coupled with an outdated railroad infrastructure , if that says something, and most likely with cheap labour and we all know what this combination means. Ford did not appear to have invested that much on the Puma as it is largely based on the Fiesta. Almost all electronics are taken from other Ford models, I think that Ford was not expecting the Puma to be such a hit sales wise that early, they just wanted to enter the segment on safe grounds and apart from the design everything else was taken from other models, wise and economical path. If they had invested 2 billion on the plant I assure you it would have been the most modern and best in Europe and from what I see it is not even close to that. For 200 million yes, this is what you get and even that seems overrated. I'm not saying it is the pits but I was expecting much more from Ford, then again who am I to judge, I could be totally wrong!
Just a couple of points..... its common practice for all manufacturers to create a new model on the underpinnings of an existing model. They have been doing that for years. Secondly, Ford already had a vehicle in that particular segment, the EcoSport... it just wasn't very good.