Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
gordjock

Post by gordjock »

Finally Puma has been gate released due into dealer by 11th December.ST-X, 155, 19", White, Pan roof, ass pack, Winter pack.

R-JACKO

Post by R-JACKO »

Hello gordjock
That's great news what month did you order your car?
gordjock

Post by gordjock »

R-JACKO wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:53 am Hello gordjock
Placed order 28th May contract on 21st June, built completed apparently on 15th August
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

gordjock wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:12 pm
Placed order 28th May contract on 21st June, built completed apparently on 15th August
Built 15 August and delivery expected mid December...that's got to be a typo?
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
gordjock

Post by gordjock »

Vendee wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:52 pm
no thats what ive been told delays were due to covid shutdown, the longer it was delayed i thought it more likely about lack of chips but its on its way now.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

gordjock wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:27 am
Vendee wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:52 pm

no thats what ive been told delays were due to covid shutdown, the longer it was delayed i thought it more likely about lack of chips but its on its way now.
I just don't believe that your Puma was built on 15th August but its taken four months to ship it across from Romania. I think you have been given duff info by the dealer. The delays were down to the chip shortage. Mine was ordered around the same time as yours and was built on 8th November. I'm also looking at 10th December delivery. I would think that yours was built within a few days of mine. I believe the factory was shut down for the most of October and production restarted at the beginning of November.
Rogerio

Post by Rogerio »

Hi All! Hope your are well.
I'm a new member and ordered a Puma St Line X at the start of September, Working in the logistics/shipping industry I was always skeptical when the dealer told me I could expect to see the car at the end of November/ December so pretty much took his estimates with a pinch of salt. To this day I have pretty much only received an email with a photo copied article from a newspaper about the semi conductor shortage and a couple of sentences saying that there was no update on the car. I am fully aware of what's going on in the world of supply chain as I'm having to deal with it day to day so my complaint is not about the delays but I wondered what everyone's experience of information flow from the dealers has been like? Am I alone in receiving minimal information or have your respective dealers been providing you with regular updates such as how long ago cars arriving with them now where ordered or if the plant is producing cars or even what the output is?
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Hello and welcome. In my own case, my dealer is what is known as a "satellite Ford dealer" who sells Ford and Nissan. They ordered my car through a larger "Ford only" dealership. I suspect both of them get fed information from Ford UK.

Obviously there was information withheld from me. My build date was put back several times and I'm sure that each "revised date" was not based on any factual information. I would rather they admitted to me that they couldn't give me an accurate build date but instead they just kept pushing it back a few weeks at a time. I don't think my own dealer was responsible for this misinformation but they probably knew more about the situation than they admitted to me.

My own car is now built and I'm just waiting for it to reach the UK. Hopefully the chip situation may be easing now but I don't imagine you will see your Puma until January. Good luck though.
ErikThBee

Post by ErikThBee »

I ordered my ST on 25th October. The dealer said that she had no real idea of when it would be delivered, so on the order form we agreed to put 28th February 2022.
About a week later she mailed me to say the car had been given a production slot but no build date. She also mentioned that she'd ordered another ST one month before mine and they were expecting it in January. So February end looks hopeful.
Last edited by ErikThBee on Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Rogerio wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:58 pm Hi All! Hope your are well.
I'm a new member and ordered a Puma St Line X at the start of September, Working in the logistics/shipping industry I was always skeptical when the dealer told me I could expect to see the car at the end of November/ December so pretty much took his estimates with a pinch of salt. To this day I have pretty much only received an email with a photo copied article from a newspaper about the semi conductor shortage and a couple of sentences saying that there was no update on the car. I am fully aware of what's going on in the world of supply chain as I'm having to deal with it day to day so my complaint is not about the delays but I wondered what everyone's experience of information flow from the dealers has been like? Am I alone in receiving minimal information or have your respective dealers been providing you with regular updates such as how long ago cars arriving with them now where ordered or if the plant is producing cars or even what the output is?
I ordered mine early September aswell, was told late November, then December. Did get an update a couple of weeks ago to say no builds in October, but mine wasn't in first 2 weeks of November builds so wont see it this year. That was off the back of another family member ordering a Fiesta for next April and asked if there was update on my behalf. This backlog isn't going away anytime soon.
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter