Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Lili

Post by Lili »

Hello everyone, greetings from Sofia, Bulgaria. I ordered my Puma (after deciding to switch from a loyal Toyota Aygo) on the 15th of September 2021. To this day, the dealer doesn't even see a specific build date. The initial delivery date for the car was 2nd of February, so theoretically there is still time for it to be kept (building takes 1 week, transport from Craiova to Sofia, 1 day, the rest, like 1-2 weeks, is registration and documentation to be sorted out), but yesterday the dealer called me and said that there is no build date yet. He mentioned that if I'm really in a hurry, they can offer a bare-minimum Puma, generic white color, Sync 2.5 (which means w/o even a basic navigation, I assume), etc. which can be ordered, completed and delivered in 3 weeks. Of course, our market in Bulgaria is much, much smaller than what you have in the UK, but it seems that adding more extras is indeed casing a longer delay and even though bulk orders are being prioritized, if there is a greater assortment of configurations within that bulk order, that tends to delay the whole bulk order. Or at least this is how I understood what was said to me by the dealer.
So, I know that this isn't helping anybody, but I just wanted to give you an additional perspective.
Last edited by Lili on Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Puma Titanium 125 PS A7 FWD, Desert Island Blue, Comfort pack, Winter pack, Driver's assistance pack, digital display. Ordered 15th Sept 2021. No build date yet.

StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Heard from dealer today. Vehicle was shipped on 16th December and currently showing a delivery date of 6th February. Been told to continue to take that with a pinch of salt as he’s still waiting on cars getting to him that have been in the country for 4 weeks.
Puma ST - Frozen White - Performance Pack
Rogerio

Post by Rogerio »

Struggling to get my head around the whole transport situation, For there be cars sat round for 4 weeks in the UK it has to be the shortage of truck drivers in the UK that's the problem. There is a Roll on roll off ship arriving each evening from Vlissingen into Dagenham full of cars and then a train that leaves Dagenham each night at midnight for Liverpool for cars to be delivered to dealerships in the North of the UK. Anything in the south would leave on car transporter, The Ships and Rail in the UK seem to be operating as normal.
Leaky5

Post by Leaky5 »

Wowzz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:10 pm
Leaky5 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:58 pm Latest for us is build date 22nd February and anticipated delivery to dealer 24th March
What was your order date ?
Originally August, but we update the spec in October IIRC
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

denty1964 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:34 pm I don't think it will still be at the factory Vendee, like you said....they will be parked next to each other waiting for a boat.
Unfortunately you were wrong :cry:

Just receive this from Ford management regarding my Vignale that was ordered 16th June and gate released on 8th November. :- "We have located your unit. In December there were rail strikes in Germany which meant units had to be parked up. Your unit is still in one of the storage areas that was set up. I have people working on getting your unit into the next train which is due to leave in the next couple of days & will keep you informed.
I am confident you will be getting your new car soon. "

So the email on 20th to my dealer which said "the unit has been shipped and is on its way to the UK" was a complete lie. Also, rail strikes in December should not have stopped a November 8th gate release from leaving the factory unless Ford now make time travel machines.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Weeportlassie

Post by Weeportlassie »

Hi All, Ordered my Puma 1st week in August and was told 1st week in November delivery and as you probably guessed no show. Got a built day 27th November and again you've guessed it no show. Now have another built date tomorrow the 12th January delivery 16th February we will see 🤔
Pumadave

Post by Pumadave »

Weeportlassie
I ordered my Puma 9th Aug it was built and gate released 19th November and as of last Friday has been sitting at Flushing (Dutch port) awaiting to be placed on one of the 3 transport ferries operating between there and Dagenham . I hope you get sorted .
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

A little bit of a positive post. I will be the owner of the only Puma in the village by the end of the week. I have been quoted the registration number so it seems to be definitely happening.

Hang in there. If they build it they will come...
Andyb

Post by Andyb »

Newbie on this forum. Have been keeping an eye on the 3 roro's out of Holland, both celandine & Adeline unloaded today, wilhelmine due tomorrow. Hope your cars now in the country!
Pumadave

Post by Pumadave »

Cheers for the heads up Andyb…