Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Hi everyone, I’ve been following this forum for a while. I ordered a Puma ST Line at the beginning of February. Spoke to the dealer today as it’s now 6 months. Dealer said still no build date showing. I then asked about my wife’s Kuga that she ordered in mid May time. That has got a build date of late September, with a delivery to the dealer in early November. The dealer did say they have ordered various models with the same specs with the only difference being the colour. This may be the reason for different build dates but who knows at the moment. Guess I’m waiting a bit longer for the Puma!
Puma ST Line 155 in Desert Island Blue, ordered 5th Feb 22. Build date 12th Dec, gate released same week. Pickup Wednesday 19th April!

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome to the forum.....I feel your pain.... :cry:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Diehammer

Post by Diehammer »

Wardy wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:08 pm Hi everyone, I’ve been following this forum for a while. I ordered a Puma ST Line at the beginning of February. Spoke to the dealer today as it’s now 6 months. Dealer said still no build date showing. I then asked about my wife’s Kuga that she ordered in mid May time. That has got a build date of late September, with a delivery to the dealer in early November. The dealer did say they have ordered various models with the same specs with the only difference being the colour. This may be the reason for different build dates but who knows at the moment. Guess I’m waiting a bit longer for the Puma!
We are just over 6 months now and my wife isn’t happy (it’s her car) the fact that Ford dealers haven’t a clue what is happening doesn’t help the situation
Puma ST Line X - 125ps - Blazer Blue

Ordered - 05/02/22
Expected - Aug 22
Update 1 - End of Oct 22
Update 2 - End of Nov 22
Update 3 - 3rd Dec 22
Update 4 - 10th Dec 22 - Dagenham
Update 5 - Delivery 9th Dec 22 - Collect 14th Dec 22- Confirmed
WholeZebra

Post by WholeZebra »

Received a phone call this afternoon that my car is ready for collection! Can’t believe the time has actually arrived, felt like I’d be cancelling at many points. I’ve decided to hold off until September for the new number plate, so still a little while yet.
Puma ST Line 125 mHev Ecoboost; Magnetic with pan roof.
Diehammer

Post by Diehammer »

Now being told from the dealer that the estimated delivery date is 29th October
Puma ST Line X - 125ps - Blazer Blue

Ordered - 05/02/22
Expected - Aug 22
Update 1 - End of Oct 22
Update 2 - End of Nov 22
Update 3 - 3rd Dec 22
Update 4 - 10th Dec 22 - Dagenham
Update 5 - Delivery 9th Dec 22 - Collect 14th Dec 22- Confirmed
Tbach

Post by Tbach »

Tbach wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:22 am
Tbach wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:29 pm Reviving this thread as it was of massive interest to me and clearly a few others a while back - it would be good to know the experiences of others waiting for a Puma, to gauge how bad my delay is!

I ordered an ST Line in late-Jan, and was told verbally end-May delivery.
Which was then changed to end-June on the paperwork.
Then end-July.
Then we had a build date, with expected delivery end-August - exciting!
Now apparently, we no longer have a build date :-(

Who knows when we'll have it.

I understand there have been loads sitting at Dagenham for weeks on end, but to now even have a build date is mildly frustrating to say the least.

It'd be interesting to hear if others have had similar (or worse) experiences.
I asked the dealer to find out what’s going on.

I’m told all builds for July are locked, and the plant is shut down for the whole of August. :o

So if you haven’t got a build date yet, you’re likely looking at late October/November at the earliest.

At least that gives them a bit of time to sort the log jam at Dagenham I guess.

Latest is that (confusingly) I have a build date of 31st August. They'd previously told me the factory was shut until 5th September, so I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

Anyone else managed to get an August build date?

Dealer reckons it'll be with them for the first week of October - 5 weeks from build date.
From others experiences, does this sound ambitious?
jt_puma

Post by jt_puma »

Hi all

First post :-)

Ordered 27/1/22
Built 5/8/22
Due at dealer 2/9/22

Dealer originally said Sept/9m so pretty good, tbh they have managed expectations well all the way through. 4/5 weeks to the dealer from plant seems about right,
Last edited by jt_puma on Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome to the Forum....Hope the next couple of weeks don't drag too much... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
ScoobyD00

Post by ScoobyD00 »

Only ordered mine beginning of June through an internet broker but had an update today to
say still no build slot has been allocated!. Hopefully ill get it before the new year.
ST-Line X 155 cancelled SEP 22
Chez1982

Post by Chez1982 »

Hi all, new to the forums, ordered a black st line-x automatic with the 19 inch rims mid July, said 6 months, so what’s my chances of getting in January