Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
chris47

Post by chris47 »

ScoobyD00 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:41 pm I cant see the whole plant shutting down for August. Ford has a backlog and it cant produce cars quick enough at the moment. Shutting the plant down for a whole
month would just make the whole situation worse and not financial viable for Ford.
Ford already stopped making the Fiesta completely a few months back. Parts issues are affecting all manufacturers, but Ford seem to be particularly badly off right now.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Curryhouse wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:41 am
pottsyst wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:24 am All I keep hearing on here though is constant complaints about the car and Ford. Its really not giving me much confidence in the car
OK. How about this for some balance on all the negative posts.

ST Line X 155 7 months old now. 5,000 miles. Jan 2022 registration. Yes, 6 month wait - same for all manufacturers. Rombat Battery. No issues - shows 14.2/3 on start up. Parcel shelf stays where it is. Sports pedals and scuff plates missing. Easy 50 quid fix. Engine cover was there. Disc brakes fine. 55+ mpg on long motorway runs. No squeaks, rattles or clunks. No paint missing. Dirt does not get past the rear doors. Actually, I can't find a fault with it. There ARE positive posts out there - just got to find them. I am sure there are similar negative posts on other forms - Ford are not unique in having problems.
Couldn't agree more......Some people are having niggles and rarely problems....Mine is being very kind to me... :D
The industry in general is in bad shape re deliveries.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
marg890

Post by marg890 »

I ordered mine 8th march 22, it was in Dagenham, then arrived at Liverpool last week, still not at dealership, (Bootle, Liverpool) was supposed to be collecting tomorrow, haven't heard anything from Ford, I know I haven't waited as long as many of you, but, the fact that it is nearly on my doorstep and I can't get it is driving me crazy, reading all the positive stories about how great it is on here has helped so thanks, does anyone know where I can buy a bottle of Patience please !!
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

marg890 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:30 am I ordered mine 8th march 22, it was in Dagenham, then arrived at Liverpool last week, still not at dealership, (Bootle, Liverpool) was supposed to be collecting tomorrow, haven't heard anything from Ford, I know I haven't waited as long as many of you, but, the fact that it is nearly on my doorstep and I can't get it is driving me crazy, reading all the positive stories about how great it is on here has helped so thanks, does anyone know where I can buy a bottle of Patience please !!
Mine has been sat at the dealership since mid-june. Took the below pics to keep calm as I was beginning to ponder cancellation. Ordered Jan 22nd.

B823C99E-C8F4-4E8A-88BC-FB653C962118.jpeg

White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
Hazza84

Post by Hazza84 »

New lease order placed start Dec 21, told April delivery, then May, then June, then July, then end September and wouldn't change again, and now told end of December. Had a build date, didn't have a build date, told its built and waiting semi conductor chips, then told its not built. Losing the will to live! Have had a read of recent posts, and wasn't told about the factory shut down by the lease broker, only chip delays, brexit etc. I honestly don't think they or the dealer have a clue when the car will arrive, but feel stuck as prices have increased so much, particularly if I want one in stock. Wondered if anyone has an order as old as mine?
Jesstrd

Post by Jesstrd »

I ordered Lease in January 2022, was told July 30th, phone a month ago to be told waiting a part from factory in Ukraine, then got told will be end of summer, the fact I’ve heard nothing since, I’m not holding my breath to see the car anything before Xmas, they seem so happy to help when your there ordering but after that they can’t wait to get you off the phone, I understand there’s delays etc but they could at least keep us informed
WholeZebra

Post by WholeZebra »

Finally, after hearing absolutely nothing since ordering, I’ve now been told it’s in transit and we’re looking at a September delivery!
Puma ST Line 125 mHev Ecoboost; Magnetic with pan roof.
Earnie

Post by Earnie »

Had mine on order since early Feb, when ordered was going to be Juneish, last week was end august now mid September, but it’s in transit I believe which is something, however Fords interest rates have seemed to have gone up from when I was quoted so payments going up but I suppose countered by the price of my fiesta actually increasing. I am beginning to get a bit weary of it all.

Titanium 155, parking pack, spare wheel, dark windows in agate black.
Diehammer

Post by Diehammer »

Earnie wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:50 pm Had mine on order since early Feb, when ordered was going to be Juneish, last week was end august now mid September, but it’s in transit I believe which is something, however Fords interest rates have seemed to have gone up from when I was quoted so payments going up but I suppose countered by the price of my fiesta actually increasing. I am beginning to get a bit weary of it all.

They should honour the interest rate when you ordered. When I ordered my BMW M135i it was 2.9% but after a 4 month wait the interest has went up to 4% and I still got 2.9%.

Spoke to the dealer about the Puma on Friday and they said that the still don’t have a date but things are moving whatever that means.
Puma ST Line X - 125ps - Blazer Blue

Ordered - 05/02/22
Expected - Aug 22
Update 1 - End of Oct 22
Update 2 - End of Nov 22
Update 3 - 3rd Dec 22
Update 4 - 10th Dec 22 - Dagenham
Update 5 - Delivery 9th Dec 22 - Collect 14th Dec 22- Confirmed
w36613

Post by w36613 »

Earnie wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:50 pm Had mine on order since early Feb, when ordered was going to be Juneish, last week was end august now mid September, but it’s in transit I believe which is something, however Fords interest rates have seemed to have gone up from when I was quoted so payments going up but I suppose countered by the price of my fiesta actually increasing. I am beginning to get a bit weary of it all.

As previously stated, not only should they honour the interest rate at the time you struck the deal, but they should also revalue your trade in to see if it has gone up.

We are in a lucky position that the Puma will be a second car and after ordering last November, have been told it is now build and due later in September. The WeBuyAnyCar price for our Fiesta trade in is so high at the moment (its gone up £1500 this month alone)-, we plan to sell it now and survive on 1 car (and a motorbike) for a while. We spoke to Ford and whilst they can get close to the WBAC quote (after expected knock downs), they are not close enough.