Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

I’m in shock to be honest

Placed order Beginning of June this year for my ST with performance pack tailift drivers assistance pack,and dark wheels, told delivery end December

I was informed my car as specked has arrived at dealership this Monday with potential collection this weekend, sos issue not effected on the vehicle with 6.4 miles on it, dealership sent me video walk round as well

I’m not sure how but I’m happy now and still cannot believe it (possible cancelled orders dealership as surprised as well)

The dealership has been amazing all through so far and got everything crossed it still happens for this weekend collection.
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)

Tbach

Post by Tbach »

Tbach wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:29 pm Reviving this thread as it was of massive interest to me and clearly a few others a while back - it would be good to know the experiences of others waiting for a Puma, to gauge how bad my delay is!

I ordered an ST Line in late-Jan, and was told verbally end-May delivery.
Which was then changed to end-June on the paperwork.
Then end-July.
Then we had a build date, with expected delivery end-August - exciting!
Now apparently, we no longer have a build date :-(

Who knows when we'll have it.

I understand there have been loads sitting at Dagenham for weeks on end, but to now even have a build date is mildly frustrating to say the least.

It'd be interesting to hear if others have had similar (or worse) experiences.
I asked the dealer to find out what’s going on.

I’m told all builds for July are locked, and the plant is shut down for the whole of August. :o

So if you haven’t got a build date yet, you’re likely looking at late October/November at the earliest.

At least that gives them a bit of time to sort the log jam at Dagenham I guess.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Tbach wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:22 am

Not sure that will necessarily make much of a difference. All European built Fords go through there, not just the Puma. It will help a bit I guess.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Vendee wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:00 am
Tbach wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:22 am

Not sure that will necessarily make much of a difference. All European built Fords go through there, not just the Puma. It will help a bit I guess.
Are they making any in Europe at the moment? My dealer told me last week that they had stopped fiesta production and they'd cut back on all the others. That said I think that the log jam is because of defective vehicles as much as anything else.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
ScoobyD00

Post by ScoobyD00 »

I cant see the whole plant shutting down for August. Ford has a backlog and it cant produce cars quick enough at the moment. Shutting the plant down for a whole
month would just make the whole situation worse and not financial viable for Ford.
ST-Line X 155 cancelled SEP 22
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

ScoobyD00 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:41 pm I cant see the whole plant shutting down for August. Ford has a backlog and it cant produce cars quick enough at the moment. Shutting the plant down for a whole
month would just make the whole situation worse and not financial viable for Ford.
The shut downs are more to do with scarcity of parts according to my dealer. Of course he may have been totally wrong or full of BS... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Tbach

Post by Tbach »

For what it’s worth, I was forwarded an email from Ford directly - confirming plant shutdown 5th August - 5th September, so it appears legit. No reasons given though.
Tbach

Post by Tbach »

ScoobyD00 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:41 pm I cant see the whole plant shutting down for August. Ford has a backlog and it cant produce cars quick enough at the moment. Shutting the plant down for a whole
True. But what if you don’t have enough parts with which to build them?
ScoobyD00

Post by ScoobyD00 »

Tbach wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:47 pm For what it’s worth, I was forwarded an email from Ford directly - confirming plant shutdown 5th August - 5th September, so it appears legit. No reasons given though.
That's not good news then for those of us waiting . I only ordered begining of June and was told about a 5 to 6 month wait but that's another month delay then if the plant is shut..
ST-Line X 155 cancelled SEP 22
pottsyst

Post by pottsyst »

I'm on the verge of cancelling my order. It looks like Ford can't get there act together at all.
Shame really because i was looking forward to my st.
Frozen White St
Ordered May 22
Built Nov 22
Picked up 1 March 23