Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

Sarat wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:30 am
Tendai_R_Nzob wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:48 pm Ordered mine Jan 22, expected June then got a call from dealer saying production was completed on the 19th of March, expected delivery 30th of April. On the 25th of April I was advised that there were delays with transportation so the new delivery date would be the 18th of June. On the 4th of May I then got another call from the dealer saying the car was still in Romania again citing transportation issues potentially due to the situation in Ukraine. No delivery date given at this point, considering cancelling order as I need a car from June.

Ford Puma ST-Line X, Frozen white, 19 inch alloys, power tailgate + climate pack. Auto
this sounds similar to my case, although my car was completed on 9 March and shipped on 22 March. citing situation in Ukraine (I am myself from Ukraine originally) is kind of ridiculous. Production delays is one thing and understandable from that perspective,, but they are not explaining how it affects the shippment exactly. What’s more enraging is that there is no clear Ford orders’ queue. Clearly, some cars are getting shipped to the UK. Many on this forum have had their cars shipped and delivered within this time frame, having ordered later…. Very frustrating and does not sound fair at all…
It’s almost like some of these dealerships aren’t particularly fussed about it all, current situation is serving them as some of them don’t feel the need to work as hard to secure a sale. The correspondence is very nonchalant, almost like take it or leave it.
White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The dealers are not under any pressure to make the sale. They can sell all the limited production they have at the moment. Even if someone cancels an order they know it will fly out of the showroom and not be sitting around the forecourt for weeks at a time.
So, once they have your order they have little incentive to be proactive with your purchase.
there will always be the exception to the rule, but, it's not just Ford dealers....
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Sparks wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:40 pm They look best in Frozen White, great choice...
Bridgend, spent most of my early summers there as that's where my Mother was from.....Happy days. :)
I was torn over white or red, but glad I went for white.
.....I bet you had some good days out in Porthcawl when you were here - that's our go to day out in the car on a sunny summers day 😎
Puma ST Line X Vignale - Frozen White - DAP - 155bhp Auto - Pan Roof - HFPT
Ordered on 12 Nov 21
Pick up from dealer - 20 May 22
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Yep, Porthcawl was a staple go to... Still visit for the Elvis weekend...👍😁🕺
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Millie79

Post by Millie79 »

Mine finally arrived today. 3 hours later than planned and absolutely filthy inside and out. Before anyone asks, yes, I kicked off and I am getting a free valet by the valeter of my choice. I should think so too!!
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

Got another call yesterday, same update, car is still held in Romania, nothing on when it will be transported to the U.K. so still without an expected delivery date. Beyond frustrating!!!
White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Just had call from dealer, car at dealership, having been built 1st week in May, very impressed :-)
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

Tendai_R_Nzob wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:38 am Got another call yesterday, same update, car is still held in Romania, nothing on when it will be transported to the U.K. so still without an expected delivery date. Beyond frustrating!!!
After regular updates of “No news”, got a call last Friday out of the blue to say it had arrived at the dealers. They reviewed the finance since it was ordered early Oct and said I could have lower monthly payments or £2K cash back, gone for the cash back. Pick it up Saturday.
Titanium 155, Magnetic, ordered 9 Oct.
Sarat

Post by Sarat »

PhilipB wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:47 pm
Tendai_R_Nzob wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:38 am Got another call yesterday, same update, car is still held in Romania, nothing on when it will be transported to the U.K. so still without an expected delivery date. Beyond frustrating!!!
After regular updates of “No news”, got a call last Friday out of the blue to say it had arrived at the dealers. They reviewed the finance since it was ordered early Oct and said I could have lower monthly payments or £2K cash back, gone for the cash back. Pick it up Saturday.

This is great! Hope you are picking the car up shortly. Do you know when was yours produced and shipped? Ordered mine pretty close to your date( 30 September) and it is Titanium too. The car was manufactured on 9 March and shipped on 23 March... But sti no news as of this week...
Tbach

Post by Tbach »

Good morning all,

I've been following with interest this thread for some time, and very grateful for those sharing their experiences and frustrations.

I ordered a Puma ST Line in mid-January. When negotiating and ordering, the dealer stated confidently a May delivery date but I was not surprised when the paperwork arrived and stated end-June.

A couple of updates on, I'm told the system still says 'calculation not possible', which presumably means I'm still awaiting a build date.
The latest update was that they are "hoping production will begin by July".
Add in the 7-8 weeks or so to get from Romania, and we're suddenly looking at late summer which is incredibly disappointing.
I've been quite good with the dealer so far, I know it's likely Ford and not their fault, but my patience will be limited as the days go by no doubt.

I'm starting to think now that this may slip and slip, as I know some on here have been waiting 8+ months to get hold of their Puma.

I can handle the wait, I knew the situation when we ordered, but if there are any more delays I'll be pushed into a window where my current car which will be PX'd will need an MOT (and likely 2, if not 4 new tyres).
All very frustrating, as I've no idea what unexpected costs the MOT will throw up.

On the PX valuation I was wondering what the experience of some on here has been, have valuations been honoured 6, 7, 8 months later, or have people had to revalue when the Puma finally arrives?
Obviously, in the 6 months since valuation I've put some mileage on, but on the flip side if it's been through an MOT and new tyres by the time I get the Puma Id argue the value has only increased :)

Could it be at all possible that my dealer know that my PX will need an MOT and are waiting for that to be done before taking it off my hands? :roll: