Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

they might be waiting for a few modems !!!!!!
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

FP2022F1T , sounds like you have a good dealer, you should name them so others may benefit.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The Puma factory closes every year for annual holidays just like Nissan and other manufacturers in the UK. Factory Fortnight as it's known locally. Looks the Romanians are getting double holidays this year.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Rizmo wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:13 pm FP2022F1T , sounds like you have a good dealer, you should name them so others may benefit.
I will do as soon as I’ve got my hands on the steering wheel 😁
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ford have sold the Romanian factory to Ford Otosan, the Turkish commercial vehicle manufacturer. Ford own a minority stake in the company.
They will continue with the Puma and are going to produce the electric version by 2024, might have cleared the backlog of hybrids by then... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

pottsyst wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:29 pm I'm on the verge of cancelling my order. It looks like Ford can't get there act together at all.
Shame really because i was looking forward to my st.
The problem is - what do you buy instead ? All new cars gave lengthy lead times, and used cars are going for silly prices.
My bog standard Puma is worth £1200 more than I paid for it !
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wowzz wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:42 pm
pottsyst wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:29 pm I'm on the verge of cancelling my order. It looks like Ford can't get there act together at all.
Shame really because i was looking forward to my st.
The problem is - what do you buy instead ? All new cars gave lengthy lead times, and used cars are going for silly prices.
My bog standard Puma is worth £1200 more than I paid for it !
Exactly, mine is 2 years old and worth what I paid still. I have no patience, so won't wait, plus Ford can't give me a car with the same spec anymore, so, keeping mine unless the dealer comes up with an amazing deal.....Fat chance. :(
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
pottsyst

Post by pottsyst »

Good thing is I don't need to buy a new car. I've got a 2 year old Skoda scala sel that I've had from new with only 4000 miles on it. The reason I was changing is because I got offered a fantastic trade in price and a cracking deal on the St.
All I keep hearing on here though is constant complaints about the car and Ford. Its really not giving me much confidence in the car and manufacturer. I've been offered a build slot for a golf gti which is very tempting.
Frozen White St
Ordered May 22
Built Nov 22
Picked up 1 March 23
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Rizmo wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:13 pm FP2022F1T , sounds like you have a good dealer, you should name them so others may benefit.
So picked my car up yesterday and love it, amazed it took 8 weeks, they have been amazing all through updates and pictures on arrival and video walk round, and a handover that felt not rushed and had plenty of time to go through everything

The Dealership is

Allen Ford in Daventry
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

pottsyst wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:24 am All I keep hearing on here though is constant complaints about the car and Ford. Its really not giving me much confidence in the car
OK. How about this for some balance on all the negative posts.

ST Line X 155 7 months old now. 5,000 miles. Jan 2022 registration. Yes, 6 month wait - same for all manufacturers. Rombat Battery. No issues - shows 14.2/3 on start up. Parcel shelf stays where it is. Sports pedals and scuff plates missing. Easy 50 quid fix. Engine cover was there. Disc brakes fine. 55+ mpg on long motorway runs. No squeaks, rattles or clunks. No paint missing. Dirt does not get past the rear doors. Actually, I can't find a fault with it. There ARE positive posts out there - just got to find them. I am sure there are similar negative posts on other forms - Ford are not unique in having problems.