Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Pumadave

Post by Pumadave »

Vendee wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:56 pm
Pumadave wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:57 am Weeportlassie
May I suggest you have a view of the Ford plant and the dock at Dagenham via Google earth as that’s not the case I’m afraid to say ..
That's absolutely correct. The way they are parked 50% of the cars can be moved immediately and 50% of the cars only require one other car to be moved to get them out.
If you looked closely the lanes they are parked are all numbered, the cars that are going on the trains at the top left seem to go off to another compound by the train line where they are loaded. Coming back to the main compound if you look where the car transporters are cars seem to go into more numbered columns where they await to be loaded on a transport trailer and await their turn to be delivered .. our vehicles all have a unique barcode that we have had since the build date that is the cars identification I guess and their movements around the various compounds are strategically planned .. have you had any more news today on our puma ?

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

I've actually got my registration number now. When I ordered back in June, I asked the dealer if I could chose from a batch of numbers assigned to the dealership. He said it wouldn't be a problem so today he sent me about 60 numbers to choose from. There was nothing there that particularly wow there but I chose a reg which was a bit easier to remember. It also meant I could avoid something embarrassing ending in NOB or like the young girl next door to me.... OAP :mrgreen:

Dealer says the system is now showing delivery by w/e 29th Jan (with the usual disclaimers) so it could be here any day soon. I've been busy buying snow foam, shampoo, wheel cleaner, leather protector etc.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Pumadave wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:46 pm
Vendee wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:56 pm
Pumadave wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:57 am Weeportlassie
May I suggest you have a view of the Ford plant and the dock at Dagenham via Google earth as that’s not the case I’m afraid to say ..
That's absolutely correct. The way they are parked 50% of the cars can be moved immediately and 50% of the cars only require one other car to be moved to get them out.
. have you had any more news today on our puma ?
Yeah, just posted above ^^^^^^
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Leaky5

Post by Leaky5 »

Ours now has a committed build date on the system and planned delivery date of the 8th March
Lili

Post by Lili »

pompeydave wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:29 pm I’d pass on the mokka Lili as well , I’ve just come from Vauxhall (for last 15 years) after owning various corsa’s , Astra’s and a mokka and much prefer the Ford range. Ok my last car 68 plate Astra 1.6t 200hp didn’t half go well and was a terrific car but newer models arnt so good . Also VX customer care is dreadful after being taken over . Lots of Astra k 1.4t owners have had engine failures for same reason (LSPI) and VX don’t want to know . No chance of any contribution outside 3 year warranty even with FSH and low miles.
I’m yet to find out what Ford aftercare is like but prob won’t know as new puma is arriving Friday and obviously under warranty.
Thank you, Pompaydave, I hear that the "american period" of Vauxhall damaged the brand big time. Maybe it's too optimistic to expect that the new ownership with change thing for the better so dramatically so soon.
Anyhow, I've a test drive scheduled for next week, will go out of curiosity.

By the way, has anyone noticed any pattern - when you are getting notified about the build dates, is it one month before the date, in example? Or there isn't such a dependency? I just wonder because I've no build date yet and the car delivery is already becoming impossible to arrive for the delivery date in the contract (2nd Feb).
Ford Puma Titanium 125 PS A7 FWD, Desert Island Blue, Comfort pack, Winter pack, Driver's assistance pack, digital display. Ordered 15th Sept 2021. No build date yet.
sfootboy

Post by sfootboy »

You will have probably gathered from reading all the posts in this forum, that some dealers are better than others. That is to say, some dealers will keep you posted regularly, whilst others won't even bother to contact you until your car turns up.
I consider my own dealer to be quite good, but he is not pro-active, but will always give me a system printed update whenever I ask, no matter how frequent I ask. My suggestion to you is to go into your dealership and ask for a printed "detail screen" of your order - it will only take him a few seconds to do this. This printout will provide your order number together with all of the necessary details on where the order is up to e.g date of build, date of gate release and date of shipment, and where the car is at the moment, together with estimated delivery date to dealer. In most cases, the printed form will have little detail until its built. After you get that form with the order number, you can ring him say once a week or so to enquire, which is what I do. If he moans, tell him how much money you have spent, and that you expect him to keep you informed!!.
My own dealer doesn't mind that at all.
After contacting him the other day, he has let me know that my own Puma order shows that my car is at Flushing port in Holland and should be at the dealer by the 5th Feb.
Rogerio

Post by Rogerio »

Hi Lili, I ordered mine in September and got told late November that it would be built the following month, when I checked in December I was then given a expected build date of 7th Jan, in the end it was built a couple of days early.
Someone on this forum was given an explanation from their dealer that the plant goes into production phases where it will build a certain number of cars of a certain specification or model. Each part of the plant is equipped with the parts to make that model for that build period.

To me listening to what other people have mentioned it seems that the more packs added to the car or vignale above tends to push the build dates back . Changing the specification after order date also seems to move you straight to the back of the queue. I looked at other cars before settling on the puma and the second I drove away from the dealership on the test drive I fell in love! Hopefully you hear back soon as i think its worth the wait. :D
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Lili, I test drove a new Mokka some months ago. Engine, suspension, brakes, gearbox, handling and acceleration all good. It had a 1.2 petrol turbo motor. Inside of the car was a different story. Lots of glossy plastic stuff, looked and felt cheap. Definitely put me off. The car is basically a Peugeot.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

sfootboy, your advice is good but a lot of people have bought online without physical access to the dealer so they have to rely on phone calls or emails which is not as good as face to face contact. This can make the wait even more frustrating.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Lili

Post by Lili »

Hi again everyone, thank you so much for the replies and the info, appreciated!
Sharing with you an interesting video which shows how the Pumas are built in Craiova :) Was surprised to find it on Youtube.
https://youtu.be/6slVOeejsF8
Ford Puma Titanium 125 PS A7 FWD, Desert Island Blue, Comfort pack, Winter pack, Driver's assistance pack, digital display. Ordered 15th Sept 2021. No build date yet.